As promised in my “Be a Drug Store Beauty Dropout” post last week…coming to all Food Babe readers from my lovely bathroom – Check out this “off the cuff” video to learn all about my skin care regime from day to night! And yes – I am in my PJs again. I live in them when I am not at work during the week.
Remember these important points when considering changing your skin care regime:
Food Babe’s Skin Care Video Notes:Your skin is your largest organ! What you put on your skin, is absorbed into your blood. Nurture it, be kind to it, and most importantly LOVE it!
- Have you tried searching for the products you use on EWG’s cosmetic database cosmetic database? I did a few months ago and was saddened to learn one of my favorite shampoos was a 9! WTF! Needless to say – I didn’t buy another bottle.
- Try to pick products that are all below a rating of 3 on the EWG cosmetic database
- Check all your products individually for safety. Don’t assume if you use a certain brand, your product is safe. Many companies have products across the spectrum from really safe and natural to horribly deadly.
- If you find out that some of the products you use are harmful, go ahead and use them until they are gone and then replace them with new safer products.
- When in doubt, use natural oils on your skin. Sesame is considered one of the best because it contains several vitamins and minerals, has been known to fight skin cancer, is naturally antibacterial and when it is absorbed in your blood stream it can prevent migraines, diabetes and hepatitis. My favorite reason to use sesame oil – it’s a natural sunscreen and protects your skin from chlorine in a pool, radiation, and air pollution!
- Vote with your dollars! Stop supporting companies that are harming the environment, your family and most importantly your own body with crazy chemicals!
- Unscented products are best – when you use perfume, do you spray 10 different kinds on your body at once? Seriously, this is really important – buy everything unscented and then scent yourself with natural fragrances created from mostly plants.
- What works for me, may not work for you – there are so many great natural products available now, you WILL find some that suit you. It might take you some time navigating through the “old” world of natural beauty! God knows, I’ve been through several trials and errors.
So…. Where in the world do you find the products I mentioned in my video?
You can get them at most natural health stores – but you can also save a ton of money getting them here on the internet! Online shopping is a must once you find a product you like. I like to buy my favorites in bulk, so I never have to worry about trying to find them or running out.
Note – if you use the online shopping links provided, Food Babe will get a small kickback, which will be used for future funding of the site and continuous education to share with all of you!
Here are all of the product details…
When I Wake Up:
First thing in the morning before I put on my contacts – I use unscented Kiss My Face hand soap
Then after I drink my hot water with lemon and organic coffee, I brush with Dessert Essence (Please note – I don’t use Tom’s anymore because of fluoride) and head off to my morning exercise
After I get back – I use the unscented hand soap from Kiss My Face again to clean my hands from all the exercise equipment I touched. I do not use the cleaners that the gym provides because they are toxic.
Then I jump in the shower, where I lather up with Kiss my Face Pure Olive Oil Soap
Then I proceed to shave with unscented Kiss My Face Moisture Shave
On my face I use McBride Beauty Wheat Germ and Avocado Replenishing Night Cream during the day because my skin tends to be dry, however they make a day cream too if your skin is more oily!
To moisturize my body I use a combination of Avalon Organics Hand and Body Lotion Unscented with Aloe and Sesame oil – I put about a 1/8 cup of oil into the lotion.
To keep me staying fresh all day – I use Tom’s of Maine Long Lasting Unscented Deodorant Stick
During the Day:
If I find myself getting dry from the super air conditioning in my office I use Kiss my Face Olive My Body balm on any area, including my cuticles and lips
I use Dr. Hauschka Hand Cream that I have at my desk for my hands after I wash with the harsh soap in the office bathroom and break room
I ALWAYS wash my face before going to bed. I use Avalon Organics CoQ10 Facial Cleansing Milk to clean most of the makeup off my face, if I have heavy eye makeup on, I will use a little Sesame oil on a cotton ball and swipe my eye lids as well. Don’t spend a fortune on eye makeup remover, just use a natural oil.
Then I hydrate again with McBride Beauty Night Cream and my special mixture of lotion on my hands, elbows and knees
Next it’s time to sleeeeep! Good Night!!!!
Hair & makeup specific posts to come soon!