It’s very ironic that I am posting a recipe for a dessert right after writing about losing my sugar cravings. I wonder how long this will last. I kind miss them…Especially after having these on my counter for the last 2 hours:
Nonetheless, It’s a lot easier making desserts at home now that my sweet tooth isn’t out of control.
I made these wonderful little White Chocolate Coconut Almond Crispy Treats to surprise my team at work tomorrow. I had a few left over, so one of my lucky neighbors got to try some too!
Check out the organic & non-chemical ingredients I chose at the grocery store –
Instead of traditional Rice Krispies– which has sugar from genetically modified (GMO) sugar beets – I chose an Organic & Non GMO alternative made with brown rice instead.
Instead of marshmallows – I chose organic brown rice syrup that mimics the stickiness of marshmallows when melted but doesn’t contain GMO corn in the form of corn syrup.
Instead of conventional almond butter – I chose organic almond butter, because almonds are starting to be grown genetically modified in the USA.
Instead of “Ghirardelli” or “Nestle” or “Hersheys“ white chocolate chips which have a load of partially hydrogenated fat (aka trans fat) – I chose “Sunspire” white chocolate that does not contain this deadly ingredient.
- ⅔ cup organic almond butter
- ½ cup organic brown rice syrup or raw honey
- 1 box of organic brown rice cereal
- 1 ½ tsp organic cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ tsp organic vanilla
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened organic coconut
- 1 10 ounce bag of white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil and additional for greasing pan
- Step 1:
- Grease a medium sized glass dish (~8×8) and set aside
- In a large pan on low-medium heat, melt almond butter, syrup, vanilla and cinnamon together slowly until combined and smooth
- Once mixture is melted, slowly combine brown rice cereal a few cups at a time and mix together
- Pour mixture into greased baking dish and press down firmly into pan using a piece of parchment paper underneath your hands to prevent them from sticking
- Step 2:
- In a double boiler, slowly melt white chocolate with 1 tsp of coconut oil*
- Once white chocolate is melted, quickly stir in coconut and spread over almond crispy mixture in baking dish
- Cool in fridge for at least 30 mins before cutting into 1 inch squares
I weight my ingredients vs. using a measuring cup – saves on dishes to clean later on…Organic Almond Butter, Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Organic Vanilla and Organic Cinnamon in the pot melting together…
Pack crispy mixture firmly into glass dish ensuring no additional air pockets remain… Melt chocolate with coconut oil over a double boiler slowly to prevent burning – I NEVER use a microwave – you shouldn’t either…Finished product before placing in the fridge to cool and set…Makes at least 30 little scrumptious squares… I packaged a few in cute paper bags for individual gifts…
Cutely sealed with a reusable close pin….
Please let me know if you have any questions about substitutions or anything else! I love hearing from you! Don’t forget to check out my Fan Page and Like it!