Sitting = Death!

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

THIS IS NOT A TEST

PUT DOWN THE REMOTE CONTROL

GET OFF FACEBOOK

SHUT DOWN YOUR COMPUTER

GET UP AND MOVE YOUR BOOTY NOW!

PRINT THIS OUT NOW AT THIS LINK - Sitting Is Killing You.

And post it near your OFFICE, CUBICLE, TV, PLAYSTATION, XBOX, COMPUTER, FRIDGE, AIRPLANE SEAT, DOCTORS OFFICE, NAIL SALON, BATHROOM STALL, LAUNDRY MAT, AUTOMOBILE, BAR, TOILET, RESTAURANT, CHAIR, CHURCH, COUCH, BEAUTY PARLOR, BED, BEAN BAG, STOOL, SOFA, LOUNGER, WAITING AREA, OR any other place your booty is not moving!

The constant reminder is guaranteed to help!

Thank you Living Maxwell and Epic Self for sharing this with me and the Food Babe Readers!

XOXO,

P.S. Share your staying active tips here or on my Facebook Wall and enjoy lovely interactions with like minded individuals! (But only if you stand while doing so!)

SAM 3559

, , , , , ,

16 Responses to “Sitting = Death!”

1. alan2102

Thanks for posting this dynamite pdf flyer. Great stuff! Brilliant! I’ve been needing something exactly like this for propaganda purposes (unbelievers to whom I’ve been preaching about this sitting problem). THANKS!

PS: great photo. Lookin GOOD, babe, lookin GOOD! ;-)

2. Heather

love this!!! Thanks for posting! Makes sense to me!

• Food Babe (to Heather)

Thanks Heather! And… I am reading this sitting down of course. Sigh. The woes of our modern life :)

3. Amy

I love this (and never knew a lot of it!) I work from home and sit at my kitchen bar. I immediately stood up when I read this! Now I just need to find something comfortable to stand on and I can stand more than I sit :)

• Food Babe (to Amy)

Amy – I still have a problem with this… I sit way too much!

4. L Duncan

Wow, awesome info. FYI, it’s increasingly common for companies to offer standing workstations for office workers. I encourage folks to contact their HR or Health & Safety departments to request an ergonomics audit, then opt for this alternative set up.

5. hillary

I am on the computer all day long. Any one have recommendations on how you can stand and get your computer work done? Wall ipad? Standing desks (is affordable too much to ask here??)? Laptop Wall shelves? pictures and links are welcome.

6. Brittani Lopez

100 years ago the average person lived to be 50 so I think we are doing pretty well for ourselves!

7. Houston

I found this with my new I-Phone. I enjoy it when we come together and share ideas, great website, continue the good work.

8. tessa gervase

9. Rose-Marie

I like the sitting = death posters! I keep reading articles like this and have seen how some employers are implementing the sit to walk treadmill desks or the alternative is placing a treadmill work station that can be shared. I would love more information on this and how to pitch it to my employer. The problem is these desks are not cheap!

10. Suheil

Hi Vani,

What to do when time is an issue to exercise… I have gained about 10n lbs since june (unusual for me) and I am unfortable with the weight.
    I work in a office 8-5
    I am a mother of a 2 year old
    I am constanly craving food – can’t stop eating
    I am sorta a healthy eater (no fast food, junk) Minus sodas and cookies

What can I do do stop my cravings?
    Best -

Suheil

11. Michael

I just wanted to share my story ,well 2011 I had congested heart failure 2 times High Blood Pressure ! well my Heart was pumping at a 35 % capacity . Blood Pressure number`s were like 170/99 165.100 when it got to 154/90 I thought I was doing good, well I yes survived it. 2014 I had to see my cardiologist , had a ekg done , My pressure was at 126/73
    from 235 pounds ,I wen to 2 15 lbs. Than she told me your heart is beating at an 97% rate ,here`s the good part. I don`t want to see you till Jan. 2015 Good Work . Now March 20th 2014 I had appointment with my primary care doctor, guest what my pressure was 124/69 weighted at 213lbs. she normally ask me to see again in 3 month`s nope she said 6 months , I work out 3 to 4 times a day, have a free trainer, I sign up to work with him, usually 3 to 6 people were a team as well. I nuti-bullett the good stuff, Much less fried food, no hard liquor ,a little wine and sleep ! Now I`m learning to cook organic foods and a volunteer. for the Organic Farmers every 2 weeks, If I can do it you can too ! Your All Invited to my 102 nd Birthday Party, see you there In Great Shape .

12. Michelle

FoodBABE,

So Happy to find your site, I’m new and hooked.
    Can you let us know what’s up with the birth control? been on it for too long and I do feel it may not be safe for us. Help

Thanks,