I’ve got some hairy afterthoughts…
I want to share with you a couple of things I forgot to mention in the “Holistic Hair – How & Why”? Post
Before getting into my afterthoughts – I just want to say Thank You to all the Food Babe Fans & Readers who are making holistic changes in their daily routine – I see so much POWER in all of you to help change things around us so we all can live more natural lives – Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I simply can’t say it enough. Hearing feedback from you about how you have made positive changes in your lifestyle – Is the one thing that inspires me to keep writing this blog. I love all of you.
Food Babe’s Holistic Hair Afterthoughts:
- Switch to a 100% Boar Bristle Brush – The boar bristles are perfect for redistributing your scalps natural oil throughout your hair – making your hair more shiny and lustrous! Here’s a
guide on how to pick one.
- At the Hair Dresser – Bring your own shampoo, conditioner and styling products. If you aren’t brave enough to do this – definitely don’t get styling products added to your hair at the end. If you have a good relationship with your hair dresser this shouldn’t be a problem. Also – doing this, might influence & awaken some hair dressers to adopt less toxic hair care products.
- On Vacation & While Traveling – Buy travel size containers to store your favorites in to take with you. Don’t get caught using the cheapest and convenient toxic options available at most hotels.
- Need Inexpensive Options? – “Yes” Brands, “Dr. Bronners,” and “Burt’s Bees” are all lower cost options for natural hair products. Again – check the EWG cosmetic database for specific products under each brand to see if they are safe.
- Natural Hair Dye – Conventional hair dyes have a load of toxic chemicals, potential carcinogens and several skin irritants that can cause allergic reactions. I don’t have a lot of experience with any hair dye, as I have never colored my hair. After asking around and doing some research these are the best options I found.
1st Choice – Try Henna, the most natural method to color your hair. All the beautiful Indian ladies in my life have taught me about this and the results I have seen can be absolutely beautiful.
2nd Choice – If Henna doesn’t produce the right color – try Actnaturals.
- Last but not least – Only use a small amount of product on your hair to shampoo and condition. There has been so many times where I pour too much into my hand – be conscience about your squeeze of the bottle! You only need a dime size depending on how much hair you have to be effective. It’s better for you, will save you money and terrific for the planet!
Check out my past posts on safe cosmetics -
Ask them here or Join my Facebook Fan Page!
Sending you all warm and happy thoughts,