I named these cookies “Forever” because they are so darn good that you will wish you were eating them…like… Forever. They also have ZERO junk in them…hopefully helping you look young forever too! There are no refined flours, no refined sugars, contain all organic ingredients and taste so freakin’ good! No one has them beat from a nutritional taste perspective.
Coconut oil is the star of these cookies. Coconut oil was deemed horrible for you and your heart years ago when scientists didn’t understand how this saturated fat worked in the body. Since then, they now understand that coconut oil is made up of “medium chain” fatty acids and contain lauric acid that actually prevent your body from absorbing the cholesterol from the fat and actually help improve cholesterol levels already in the body. These also play a huge role in improving your metabolism (i.e. weight loss!) by removing stress from the pancreas and promote better digestion by helping your gut fight bacteria and fungus.
Now – tell me – can butter do that?
These little babies are a creation that I made up several months ago trying to figure out the recipe for a vegan Earth Fare cookie that is made out of whole wheat flour. This cookie always calls my name at the end of my shopping trip. I think I have shopped there maybe twice without getting one. One of those times, they were out of them and the other was because I knew I had just baked these!
I’ve included the three different methods I like to enjoy Forever Cookies. My favorite is completely raw straight out of the freezer. The taste reminds me of a decadent chocolate chip cookie dough ice-creamishy sandwich….AMAZING.
- 1 ripe banana cup into small pieces
- 4 dates chopped
- 4 prunes chopped
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ⅔ cups of nut meal (I like almonds and pecans – I smash them into meal by hand using my rolling pin)
- ½ cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder (if baking)
- 7 ounces good dark chocolate chopped into pieces or chips or dried unsweetended cherries
- If Baking:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a blender – Combine banana, dates, prunes, coconut oil and vanilla and blend until smooth
- In a large bowl combine all other ingredients and mix so all components are equally distributed
- Pour blender mixture into dry ingredients and stir until batter is moist and mixed well
- Scoop dough using an ice cream scooper onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Alternatively, you can refrigerate the dough for 30 mins to make it harder and easier to make uniform cookies
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 12-15 mins
- Cool cookies on a rack for at least 5 mins before consuming – otherwise they will fall apart
- If Dehydrating:
- Follow steps 2-5 above
- Place cookies on dehydrator sheets
- Dehydrate at 105 degrees for approximately 12 hours
- If Eating Completely Raw:
- Follow steps above to make the dough
- Place dough in a large zip lock bag and press to form into a wide log – you may need two bags
- Place in freezer and enjoy slices of the cookie dough anytime!
Try to not be a cookie monster if you make these…
Be Forever Young,
P.S. I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment or question here or Join my Facebook Fan Page!