Hi there! I want to share a quick recipe I made tonight that is one of my absolute favorite comforting meals – Spicy Tomato Kale Soup. I can’t even begin to tell you all of the many reasons I love this soup – is it is really easy to make, lasts for a few days, freezes well, can feed a crowd, everyone loves it… I could go on and on.
I’d like to point out one of the products I used that is fairly new in my pantry – BioNaturae Strained Organic Tomatoes. These tomatoes are certified organic and come in a BPA free glass bottle, which is a major step up from the BPA filled aluminum cans that most tomatoes come in. Also – these tomatoes are SALT FREE! Which means you can add high quality sea salt to your liking. This is a big deal since most of the salt they put in cans of tomatoes is highly processed, bleached and devoid of minerals.
I used Eden Farms brand cannellini beans which is another guaranteed BPA free product, also free of processed salt and certified organic. These beans add a nice creamy texture to the soup once it is pureed. You’ll never miss the cream that most recipes use in a soup like this!
These two products are a must in your pantry! Add them asap so you can make this yummy soup anytime!
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 white onion chopped
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp fresh sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 24 ounces of pureed tomatoes
- 1 quart of vegetable broth
- 1 can of Eden Farms cannelloni beans strained and rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch of kale chopped
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large pot
- Add onion and carrots and cook for about 4-5 mins
- Add garlic next and cook another 2 mins
- Add spices, broth, water, and tomatoes to pot and bring to a boil
- Once soup is at a boil, reduce to simmer and add beans
- Simmer soup for 25 mins
- Discard bay leaf and puree soup using a hand blender
- Add chopped kale to pureed soup and stir into pot
Have a great end of week!