Before I head to the airport today to go to a land far far away…I wanted to share three things with you.
1. My latest food investigation on 100 days of Real Food is a doozy. Have you read it yet? It’s gone kinda viral. I spent most of my Saturday last weekend at Chick-fil-A, interviewing people for this post. It was an eye opening experiment and one that I hope you enjoy reading and commenting on. If more people spread this information and comment about this – who knows it might cause Chick-fil-A to react in the same fashion that Yoforia did when I wrote about them. Could you imagine how impactful it would be if Chick-fil-A decided to eliminate the questionable ingredients from their food?! Maybe other fast food restaurants would listen up too and follow suit.
I’d love to hear what you think, especially after some of the interesting feedback I received from readers (which caused the post to be slightly modified to clarify some points.) Sometimes my passion for truth is misinterpreted. I write in a provocative manner asking many rhetorical questions so I can provoke readers to think. At the end of the day, the only mission I have is to educate as many people as possible about what’s in their food and to impact change within the food industry to benefit our ultimate health and wellbeing. The change is happening and is evident in some of the responses I have received….Here are just a few:
- “Thank you! I just read through the ingredients of Chick Fil A with my 6 year old son and explained to him what MSG and TBHQ are. Together, we made the decision to avoid Chick-Fil-A going forward. Tough stuff. I’m going to have him fill out a comment card at our local CFA this week explaining our choice.” – Kaarin
- “You are very brave to have approached that many strangers armed only with nutrition information they probably didn’t want to hear. Food is as political as religion and in some cases even more personal. I am proud of you for being so brave – you are inspiring me to get out of my comfort zone!” – Muriel
- “Thank you for your article on Chick-Fil-A and all of your research! I had no idea. I am recently switching over to mostly (grimace) all real food for the sake of my kids. I have three children, 12, 3, and 18 months and I can’t believe what I’m finding out about what I’ve been feeding them. I just didn’t know. Even the stuff I thought was healthy is not. I’m trying to not get too over whelmed, which is hard, because fast-and-easy was, well, easy. I started just this past Sunday with real food for my kids. Wish me luck! I’m trying!” – Brenda
- “Thanks for this — you are asking some really important questions. Hopefully some of these people continued asking questions of themselves and they way they are feeding their kids.” – Valerie
- “Thank you for writing this. We just found out our daughter has a high intolerance to MSG and dairy products and a low intolerance to wheat. We have to change her whole diet and with my husband in school and working and me working full time finding time to get good nutritional meals can be tough. After reading this I am going to be making sure we keep away from fast food (of any kind) and stick to good ol’ home cooking.” – Caitlin
2. Check out this massive stash of food I’ll be taking with me to Asia. I’ve been getting prepped all week to get ready to go. Just looking at the photo below you can see the amount of effort I put into making sure I have quality organic food without chemical additives and genetically modified ingredients to eat on the road. If you have any questions about what I packed.. Let me know!
3. Tonight as I fall asleep on the plane – I’ll be dreaming of these exotic fruits I encountered on my last trip to Asia…Can’t wait to taste them all in real life again. Can you guess which one is my favorite?
I’ll be blogging about my travel, eats and adventures for the next 3 weeks. I hope you enjoy the ride. The blog will definitely be taking a lighter tone than what you are probably used to! If you are new to the blog – check out my Top Posts to get caught up! And please follow me on Facebook - I’ll be posting on it a little more frequently as I travel through Asia since I now have international roaming on my phone! Yeah!
I will miss you!
See you on the flip side.