Before I share what I’ve been eating lately, I should mention one lunch that is not pictured. Last weekend I ventured into a Subway for the first time in maybe 7 years. To read all about that story, you’ll have to read and watch “Food Babe Investigates: Is Subway Real Food?” at 100 Days of Real Food. My expression at the end of the video says it all.
This investigation was further shared by one of my true food heroes – Robyn O’Brien (The author of The Unhealthy Truth and founder of the Allergy Kids Foundation). Check out what she wrote about it on Prevention Magazine. To say that I am thrilled about this, is an understatement!
Thank you Food Babe readers, Facebook Fans, and Twitter Followers for supporting me, this blog and spreading the word about what’s really in our food. Without you, I would have never had a platform to get my voice heard!
From Left to Right, Top to Bottom….
- I might be smiling in this photo, but I am really mad at everyone who bought all the Harmless Harvest Coconut Water in town after I wrote about this giveaway and remarkable company. (Still one more day to enter!) I had to go old school and get out the machete to open this sucker!
- For lunch one day, I had a simple salad of tahini dressing, arugula and raspberries. I also had oatmeal (I know, it’s strange at lunch time, but I’ve been loving eating a salad and oatmeal together)
- Warm Quinoa Salad for dinner
- Lots of radishes and cabbage salad in the background if you can see
- Papaya – Earth Fare has the best papaya right now… wait, maybe I shouldn’t say that!
- Sneak peak at another giveaway coming next week!
- Wheatgrass shots at Smoothie King – Did you know they use organic wheatgrass? It’s frozen but it’s great!
- Simple roasted asparagus with tomato sauce (I later topped it with quinoa) for dinner
- Swiss chard, parsley, cilantro, celery, cucumber, carrots, lemon, ginger and garlic which made the juice pictured
- An obsession right now – Go Raw – Carrot Cookies for dessert
- More papaya – They don’t sell it at Earth Fare, so don’t go there
- A peek inside my fridge
- The last set of pictures are all from Halcyon Flavors from the Earth (My Favorite Restaurant in Uptown Charlotte) – I’ve dined there 3 times in the last 2 weeks. I know, I know, I am spoiled rotten. The first time, my big boss took me out (sorry I didn’t mix work with pleasure and take photos! – but the whole night was FABULOUS. The intricate level of detail on each dinner item was mind boggling. And our servers just rocked the house.) Last Sunday, I went there for Brunch to celebrate my husband’s birthday – We had champagne, cupcakes and lots of eats, including my favorite salad on the new seasonal menu – “The City Salad.” And then today for lunch, my good friend and colleague Alex French met us for lunch. I had the salad again, and the best duck confit ever. They’ve had several different versions of duck confit on the menu almost every season, this time it was paired with artichokes and farro. I have a strange feeling my outwardly enthusiasm about the duck may have kept it on the summer menu, even though they were considering switching it up a bit…We split the peach and bourbon cobbler with blueberry ice-cream and I had to get a snap shot of the homemade ketchup, Alex got with his fries. This is how serious this restaurant is about providing you quality ingredients you can trust. If you still haven’t visited Halcyon Flavors from the Earth yet – you must go! You’ll probably see me there