Fudge is something I haven’t indulged in quite sometime. It’s usually loaded with condensed milk, crisco (transfat), refined sugar and other ingredients I like to avoid. My hiatus from fudge ended last week when I made these melt in your mouth beauties inspired from a recipe I saw on Detoxinista. The best thing about this fudge (other than the fact that it tastes just heavenly!), is the nutritional profile that does not resemble dessert at all. Filled with whole organic ingredients, you just can’t get more simple and real. A one inch square of this fudge has just the right amount of sweetness, fat and protein to seriously satisfy your sweet tooth unlike a piece of traditional fudge, cake, or something overly refined that could cause you to overindulge in more than your share.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 and ½ tablespoons of maple syrup
- 4 ounces quality dark chocolate
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Cream almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt together in a bowl
- Pour mixture into a parchment paper lined small baking dish (8×6)
- Top with chopped chocolate and freeze for at least 2 hours
- Remove from freezer, carefully remove fudge by lifting ends of parchment paper
- Cut into 1 inch squares and store in freezer separated by parchment paper
I just love the fact that it is stored and eaten right out the freezer, that cold melty feeling of the fudge is perfect for Summer.
Cheers to Healthy Desserts!