Eats According to my iPhone – The First Days of Summer

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! We’ve updated the format of everyday eats, just mouse over the “+” to see more info. As always, I hope you find these snap shots of what I am eating helpful. If you have any questions, please let me know.

A new cookie recipe with coconut, granola and dried fruit

Ezekiel Sesame Bread Sandwich with cabbage, red pepper, avocado, pickles, mustard, romaine and feta cheese

Rinsed and soaked almonds for fresh almond milk

Parfait Porridge

“Just Greens Juice” from Berrybrook Farms Natural Foods Store (No spinach)

Salad with Eden Farms garbanzo beans, arugula, blueberries, apples and feta cheese

Fresh veggies from my Mom’s garden

Viva Raw has new raw granola – absolutely delicious!

At Fern – One of my favorite vegetarian restaurants in Charlotte. I am holding the roasted cauliflower which I order everytime

Soup du jour at Fern – Fennel, Green Tomato and Cucumber Gazpacho. I must recreate asap.
, ,

28 Responses to “Eats According to my iPhone – The First Days of Summer”

1. Gillian

Gorgeous – all this food and you!

• Food Babe (to Gillian)

Gillian – You are too sweet! When are we going to Paris together?

2. Emma

Yum! The granola looks delicious, I’m glad I came across your blog :)

• Food Babe (to Emma)

Adding granola to cookie batter is really ingenious, I don’t know what I didn’t think of it earlier!

3. Candice

I love these “eats” posts! I appreciate all the great ideas! Please keep them coming regularly! Your beet hummus is my newest addiction! Since I found your blog about a month and a half ago, I have also adopted some of your “healthy habits”– drinking my lemon/cayenne water each morning, drinking a green drink each day, and fasting each evening :). I live on an island in the Caribbean right now so no organic foods available. Any advice for this situation to ensure the cleanest, best foods for my husband and I? I brought lots of staples from home, but obviously dry goods and refrigerated items that could survive the plane ride down and pass customs. I love cooking and healthy foods and have no problem avoiding unhealthy temptations, but I was wondering if you have any advice on portion control and overindulging in even good things…thanks again!

• Food Babe (to Candice)

Which caribbean island are you on right now? Have you checked out my travel tab yet?

• Candice (to Food Babe)

Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos. I moved here in April and will be here until April 2013. I will check out the travel tab. Thanks.

• Food Babe (to Candice)

Oh cool – yes that place is tough. I actually wrote my organic trip tricks about T&C – have you read it?

• Candice (to Food Babe)

I did. It is much different than Provo though. No Graceway Gourmet here :). Fortunately, my mom will restock some pantry items on her visit down next month, but my main concern is the cleanliness of produce since that is the bulk of my groceries. We just make the best of what’s available. Enjoyed the post though…enjoy them all!

4. amy

those look amazing! i just saw you are following me on pinterest?! YIKES!! you see all the sweet treats I pin!!!!! I don’t eat them often, but I’m also not eating all the yummy stuff you make! I make excuses that no one else will eat it, but that is just lame because I feel so much better if I am eating like your photos. Maybe I need to photograph all my foods and send them to you!! hee hee! That would make me behave better. Thank you for your inspiration and encouragement! xo!

• Food Babe (to amy)

Hi Amy – no worries. Who doesn’t love yummy delicious looking sweets? :) There is some science around taking photos of what you are eating and sharing them and keeping you on track. Maybe you should try it… feel free to share on my Facebook wall anytime you like!

5. Marie

Love the new format! I’m looking forward to making your fudge recipe tonight!

• Food Babe (to Marie)

Thanks for the feedback Marie. My husband is a super genius with technology, you can thank him :)

6. M

Is there a particular nutritional reason why you omitted spinach from your juice?

• TRM (to M)

I believe food babe either has a sensitivity or is allergic to spinach.

• Food Babe (to TRM)

You are good. Thanks for paying attention :)

7. Reena

I am following your blog from past few months…and very thankful to you for providing such good information.Can you give the recipe of cookies listed above?Very tempting :)

8. Markus

Great stuff. Looking forward to our visit to Charlotte next year to try some dishes at Fern. How do You make Your almond milk? How much almonds and water are You using?

• Food Babe (to Markus)

2 cups of almonds soaked to 2 cups of water. I blend on high speed and strain milk using a fine strainer. Sometimes I add vanilla or a date or two for flavor and sweetness.

9. michelle paukstis

WHERE DO YOU GET THE RECIPIES FOR YOUR STUFF..LIKE THE COOKIES?

• Food Babe (to michelle paukstis)

Not anywhere in particular… just love certain ingredients and try to put new stuff together.

10. Kristen

These look delicious – I can’t wait to try your garbanzo bean salad! I’m just wondering if you can suggest a resource that lists all the food additives and what they do/mean? It would be nice to have a reference list…

11. Kathy

I like to have some pre-packaged healthy options available when I am in a big rush and have no time to cook. I figure healthy pre-packaged is much better than fast food or just grabbing and going without reading labels. I have tried Gardein products in the past but when GMO came out, I stopped using them. I did read on the website that they are certified Organic and use Non-GMO products. Would you do a review of some healthier packaged options for those of us on the run? When I question something in the stores, I now revert to your website to see if you have any information on it. Thanks for your website. Love all the info.

12. Mary Kathryn

What is the recipe for the cookies?

13. Karen

I agree with Kathy, I’d like to hear your thoughts on Gardein products or other ‘fast’ food like Amy’s products as well. Thanks