Contest is now closed. Congratulations to Andria M., Brandi B., and Elizabeth K. for winning the JEM Nut Butter giveaway! Ladies – check your email for details.
If you didn’t win – You can buy these fabulous nut butters on Amazon here:
- Maqui Camu Super Berry Butter
- Cinnamon Maca Almond Butter
- Coconut Cardamon Almond Butter
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
I’ve got an insanely delicious giveaway today. And no, it’s not these cupcakes, but it’s close!
I first found out about JEM speciality nut butters when I visited NYC recently. Because I read ingredients on EVERYTHING…I immediately looked at the back of the jar and saw my favorite superfoods and spices all mixed together with sprouted nuts! It was like a dream come true.
Luckily, JEM kindly sent me all 4 flavors to try… and let me tell you, I am fighting to decide which one I love best. I keep going back and forth between the Coconut Cardamon and Cinnamon Maca …and then I waffle watching my husband eat the Maqui Camu Super Berry Butter on his Ezekiel english muffins in the morning.
The Chocolate Hazelnut Spread is by far the most indulgent, taking a spin on Nutella and totally cleaning it up, which I love. Because let’s face it, Nutella is pretty junky – but does taste soooo good, right? It’s nice to get a version without all the refined sugar + raw superfoods.
When I tasted all the JEMs I knew there was one special way I wanted to use them. Since they are sweetened with one of my favorite sources of sugar and has a smooth texture unlike typical raw nut butters that separate in the jar, I thought it would make perfect icing for cupcakes.
I made organic cupcakes last night just so I could try it out… and OMG, all 4 different flavors of JEM worked perfectly with the cake and I was totally blown away. I couldn’t believe I just made icing “healthy!”….
All 4 flavors of JEM use:
- Soaked Raw Organic Sprouted Nuts. Soaking reduces phytic acid, a substance in nuts that reduces your ability to absorb key nutrients. I haven’t come across many nut butters that are actual soaked before they are dehydrated, so I find this extra step hugely important and nutritionally beneficial.
- Organic Coconut Palm Sugar, my #1 choice for sweeteners. It’s nectar is gathered directly from the coconut tree flower off palm trees. Coconut palm sugar is completely unrefined and not bleached like typical refined white sugar, helping to preserve all of its teeming vitamins and minerals. It is naturally high in amino acids – has 10,000 times more potassium, 20 times more magnesium and 20 times more iron than conventional sugar. Coconut palm sugar has half the glycemic index compared to regular cane sugar – a huge bonus to keep blood sugar stable and for those who are diabetic.
And then JEM blends in some awesome superfoods to make their delicious flavors.
- Lucuma is a nutrient dense sweet fruit grown in South America and tastes like maple.
- Maca is a root vegetable with amazing powers. It has been used for centuries to combat fatigue and boost libido.
- Raw Cacao contains some of the highest antioxidants on earth and serious amino acids that have been proven to combat depression and make you feel at ease.
- Cardamon is one of my favorite ancient Indian spices that improves digestion.
JEM has generously offered to give away ALL 4 flavors to THREE lucky readers.
That means three of you will get one jar each of:
- Maqui Camu Super Berry Butter - (certified organic ingredients: almonds, coconut palm sugar, maqui berry, lucuma, camu, vanilla)
- Cinnamon Maca Almond Butter - (certified organic ingredients: almonds, coconut palm sugar, maca, cinnamon, vanilla)
- Coconut Cardamon Almond Butter - (certified organic ingredients: almonds, coconut, coconut palm sugar, lucuma, vanilla, spice)
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread - (certified organic ingredients: hazelnuts, coconut palm sugar, raw cacao nibs, vanilla)
(I’ve included the links to Amazon, so that if you don’t win or can’t wait to try it, you can order some now. )
To enter all you have to do is SUBSCRIBE and leave a comment below by noon EST on Monday, July 30th.
I’d love to know your favorite way to use nut butters – I seriously think the options to me seem endless!
If I run out of cake…I think I just might start eating this out of the jar!
Have a great weekend and GOOD LUCK!