I have a new love… and it’s green. Yesterday I made my very first batch of Pistachio Milk. With it, I had the best cafe latte and the best Parfait Porridge I have EVER had. The milk has hints of my favorite Baskin Robbin’s Pistachio Ice Cream that I haven’t eaten in almost a decade.
The milk is rich, creamy and slightly sweet all on it’s own – and doesn’t even need a single date to sweeten it up.
The best part of making this gorgeous looking and tasting nut milk is that pistachios do not require soaking. Talk about instant gratification!
Some variations I want to try are included in the recipe. It’s going to be hard to choose the next one.
- 1 cup of raw shelled pistachios rinsed
- 3 cups of water + 1 more cup or 4 cups water if you have a vitamin
- 1 tsp ground caradmon seed (optional variation #1)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional variation #2)
- 1 tsp almond extract (optional variation #3)
- Place pistachio nuts, 2 cups water in blender (and optional variation) in blender and blend on high
- Pour milk into a bowl using a fine mesh strainer, separating the pulp from the milk
- Place pistachio pulp back in blender, plus 1 cup water and blend
- Strain milk one more time using a fine mesh strainer
We used a Nespresso Aeroccino to make lattes – do you have one of these yet? This is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets ever. We have had ours for about 7 years and it seriously makes the best homemade lattes ever – even with nut milk. Just look at the foamy dense pistachio milk in this latte….
I honestly haven’t been this excited about a recipe in quite sometime. I can’t wait to hear what you think after you try it.