I really hope you’ve been saving your nut pulp from all that homemade nut milk you’ve been making. I couldn’t think of a better way to use all it other than making biscotti. It’s the perfect accompaniment for the pistachio milk lattes I’ve been enjoying on the weekends lately.
The pure beauty of this recipe is that any nut pulp can be used. When I make almond milk next I plan to reverse the recipe by using almond pulp and whole toasted pistachios instead. The options are really endless. You could even add dried fruit! I might try chopped figs next time too – Mmmmm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- On a large baking pan toast almonds for about 10 mins as the oven is warming
- In one bowl add all dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder) and set aside
- In another bowl, cream together sugar and butter/oil using an electric mixer
- Add eggs one at a time, vanilla and lemon zest to sugar mixture and mix well
- Add pistachio pulp and flour mixture alternatively until well combined
- Stir in toasted almonds
- Split dough into two uniform logs and place them on a large baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper
- Bake logs for 35 mins
- Cool logs for about 5 mins, and then cut each log into diagonal pieces
- Lay each piece back down on baking sheet (unbaked side up) for an additional 10 -15 mins each side or until golden brown
- Cool completely before serving
They are addictive, consider this a warning! We just made a batch 2 days ago and they are almost all gone. I want to blame my husband, but I have to admit I am equally as guilty.