Live Cooking Segment on “Charlotte Today” – Fast Food Burrito

I had an absolute blast today filming a cooking segment for Charlotte Today on WCNC – NBC News Channel 6.

A big thanks goes out to the Hosts Colleen Odegaard and Paul Schadt, Associate Producer Bob Carroll and Production Assistant Kellie Brown who all made the experience so much fun.

You can watch the segment here and see attentional details for the recipe I made here.

Charlotte Today has already invited me back for another cooking segment in January – I can’t wait!

Hope you enjoy the video!

Charlotte Today

IMG 2163

21 Responses to “Live Cooking Segment on “Charlotte Today” – Fast Food Burrito”

1. Laury

Very cool! Love Eden brand! We make the Food for Life brown rice wraps fajitas and they are amazing. I love everything you are doing, Vani! I started my blog a few years ago because I was enraged about GMO’s and Monsanto and how the government is in bed with them. I’ve been silently following along recently and just wanted to tell you I have so much love for you! Let me know if there’s anything I can do from here in PA! Would love to chat one day about a few projects I am working on with kids nutrition. Have a great night! Keep doing what you’re doing!

• Food Babe (to Laury)

Thank you so much Laury! I’ll definitely check out your blog and what you are up to!

2. Becca C.

Great job! Enjoyed watching this -I too make burritos the same way and with the same ingredients! Cheers!

3. Marsha

People are really starting to take notice :) Keep it up!!! I love all of your posts and have learned so much from you! Thank you!!!!!!!

4. Beth

LOVE the idea to premake burritos and freeze them. Already a huge fan of Eden Foods and Food for Life – will have to try the salsa. Great segment. It will open more people’s eyes!

5. Dana

Congrats! You seemed very comfortable in front of the camera! Loved everything you were able to get in here, even the parchment paper vs. aluminum foil! We are such kindred spirits:) Great Job!!!

• Food Babe (to Dana)

Thank you Dana! I’m so happy I got to meet you last weekend – I love your energy!

6. Aurora B

That was very cool! I completely identified with you on the show — you represented your “people” very well! People just have no clue what’s going on and it can make you feel like you’re a nut when you start saying “organic” and “GMO” every other word when trying to explain your food choices (and I live in San Francisco, one of the most “with it” places on Earth in this regard. But it still seems about 80-90% of people I talk to think I’m extreme to avoid commercial corn, soy, canola, etc. and buy only organic food.) My point is, it was SO refreshing to see someone on TV talking some food sense, finally! You go, girl! ;)

• Food Babe (to Aurora B)

Thank you Aurora – your words mean a lot to me and sharing your experience makes me want to work even harder.

7. Morks Saloon

Great job! Good camera presence and great-looking burritos. Kudos to getting healthy organic food on TV. Made me realize (not having shoped in a regular grocery store in several years) that the organic brands we are all so familar with are completely alien to much of the general public. Nice plug for Eden also. They sure deserve it!

8. Shalini

I loved watching this! I am so proud of you. Love Shal.

9. Carolyn

You are a natural in front of the camera! I finally found those wraps at the grocery store, and I can’t wait to make the burritos! :)

10. Alicia

Ahh, I live in VA now and I missed this. I used to watch Charlotte Today EVERY DAY when I lived in NC!! You are awesome and such an inspiration :)

11. Jenny

Great job! Keep up the good work!

12. Shaughn

The burritos look amazing! I am a celiac, would there be another tortilla you can recommend? Thank you!!

13. Julie

Well done. You mentioned irradiation/spices- if spices are organic are they ever irradiated? Does the label have to read non irradiated or is just organic OK?