A few weeks ago I received a new cookbook called Veggies for Carnivores which totally made me giggle and immediately think of one of my male friends that won’t go near any vegetables…Did Lora Krulak, the author, unlock the secret to turning veggie haters into veggie lovers?
The simplicity of ingredients and recipes makes bringing vegetables to the center of the plate a piece of cake! I don’t know anyone who could pass up these beet root french fries I made today inspired by one of the recipes in her book. She suggests you can substitute any root vegetable (carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, etc.) – but I just couldn’t resist making the fries with beautiful beets. Beets are absolutely incredible blood cleansers and can protect you from cancer by getting rid of all the toxins that enter your bloodstream… I try to eat them every week and getting them in just got a little bit more delicious – Thanks Lora!
- 2 large beets
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Wash and peel each beet, cut into long rectangular pieces
- Toss beets with olive oil or coconut oil and sprinkle with sea salt
- Place beets on a oven safe rack and bake for approximately 25 mins, rotating half way through
- Beets should be slightly brown when done, serve immediately
- Toss with red chili flakes and lime for a kick!
Lora kindly sent me two copies of her book, so I could share one with you!
To Enter To Win The Extra Copy of Veggies for Carnivores all you have to do is:
1. SUBSCRIBE to Food Babe and leave a comment below by October 26, 2012, Noon EST.
Hope you enjoy the recipe & good luck!
Contest Now Closed – Congratulations to Susan Lawrenz for winning Veggies for Carnivores!