The food industry is making an absolute killing (literally) selling protein powders that are filled with highly processed denatured proteins, chemicals, preservatives and other additives. It’s easy to fall prey for a protein powder that makes claims no one is checking on or regulating. That is why it is absolutely critical to investigate your protein powders before taking that scoop.
I fell victim to a HORRENDOUS protein powder back in the day. (You can read that story here)…
Luckily, I did a investigation of several popular protein powders and made a list of ingredients to watch out for…I found it funny that the entire comments section of this post became an advertisement for one of the most popular meal replacement shakes out there that refuses to get organically certified and is using non-organic ingredients from the dirty dozen list throughout their product.
If you are paying big money to supplement with a protein powder, (let’s be honest, they are not cheap!) it better have the highest quality ingredients. Why pay more for less quality?
While doing my investigation, I did not consider one protein powder that I found out was an absolute favorite of my readers. So I decided to go back and look into this brand a little deeper and ask them to host a giveaway. I loved what I found out – especially after I tasted some.
Sun Warrior is a completely raw protein powder that uses the highest quality plant-based protein available. They are currently seeking USDA organic certification and are non-GMO. I love how they don’t make excuses for getting organic certified – saying it’s too expensive, etc. They are just doing it because it is the right thing to do and their product lives up to organic certified standards.
The Warrior Blend combines organic hemp, pea and cranberry protein (a fantastic combination!) and adds the metabolism boosting qualities of coconut’s medium chain fatty acids. This blend is my favorite of their product line and this is what Sun Warrior has generously offered to giveaway to 10 readers!
Each winner will receive 1 Bag of Classic Chocolate and 1 Bag of Vanilla Warrior Blend … Each bag retails for $44.95 – so that means each winner will receive $90 worth of Sun Warrior!
To Enter The Giveaway, Follow These Simple Steps:
Oh and if you can’t wait to win and need to stock up on protein powder asap – Sun Warrior is giving 10% off all their products for a limited time.
Use this link – and enter code FOODBABE10 at check out.
If you know someone who needs to refill their protein supply or perhaps swap out one they’ve been using for a better one – share this giveaway and discount with them. I’m sure they would be very appreciative. Maybe if they win, they’ll split the prize with you
Good Luck! And have a fabulous weekend.
P.S. Don’t forget to check out my investigation – Is Your Protein Shake Safe?
Contest is Now Closed – Congratulations to the following winners!
- Rachel P. on February 22, 2013 at 1:10 pm said: Also “liked” on Facebook
- Tanya Corbin on February 22, 2013 at 1:14 pm said: i <3 food babe…so nice to have someone looking into what’s in our food suppl
- Sarah on February 22, 2013 at 1:39 pm said: sounds good, love to try it!
- Liz T on February 22, 2013 at 1:46 pm said: I also like you on facebook.
- Susan McLaughlin on February 22, 2013 at 7:21 pm said: Thanks so much for this information. I’d rather my protein be dogged and have a “Real” protein in my diet any day!! Plus… a Giveaway!! Wonderful!
- Amy on February 22, 2013 at 5:56 pm said: So excited about this giveaway! I was just looking into buying some Vega but now hoping to try Sun Warrior! Thanks Food Babe!
- Sarah Whitmire on February 23, 2013 at 4:00 am said: I would love to give this a try. My son cannot have any of that crap (especially Refined Sugar, Soy, and Carrageenan as they are seizure triggers). I’ve been looking for a protein shake for months and I may have just found one. Thanks readers for letting us know about this stuff.
- Alie on February 23, 2013 at 3:30 pm said: I like FoodBabe on FB
- Tamara on February 23, 2013 at 9:39 pm said: I already get the updates and liked your fb page…would LOVE some of this protein powder!
- Lindsay LaPaugh on February 24, 2013 at 12:48 pm said: Thanks for another great article? Did you check out any of USANA’s powders? I know they don’t contains GMOs, just curious!
If you didn’t win – remember Sun Warrior is giving a 10 percent discount for a limited time.
Use this link – and enter code FOODBABE10 at check out. Enjoy!