Can you see the excitement on my face? That’s what happens when I find a new food that I absolutely love.
Ever since visiting Thailand last spring, I’ve been obsessed with the idea of making something like this recipe below. Any combination of crunchy vegetables, herbs and flavors will work with these new brown rice spring roll wrappers I found recently. I hope you enjoy the combo I came up with that includes fresh mint leaves and a Thai inspired dipping sauce. Two of these wraps make the perfect make ahead lunch or you can make a bunch to serve as appetizers like I did…There is something incredibly refreshing about these – I know you will savor every bite!
- 6 brown rice spring roll wrappers
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1 avocado cut into strips
- 1 cup mint leaves
- Dipping Sauce:
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Thai fish sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp nama shoyu or tamari
- 2 spring onions chopped
- Dip one brown rice wrapper into big bowl of warm water for at least 5 seconds
- Place wrapper on cutting board and add slices of carrot, red pepper, 4 mint leaves, and avocado
- Fold two opposite sides of wrapper first and then roll tightly
- Cut roll in half
- Repeat these steps to continue making more rolls
- To make sauce, combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl and stir
- Serve rolls with dipping sauce and enjoy!
Please note – I’ve never seen brown rice spring roll wrappers in the store before even Asian markets (only the white rice version). If you do know where to find them – please let me and others know in the comments below. I just love these wrappers and I wish everyone could try them! Until then – you can get them online here like I did.