Products That Rock – A Back To School Special

Do you know someone who could use a lunchbox or snack drawer makeover or perhaps needs to use a little less harmful packaging or safer cleaning products? Then read on…

One of the beautiful things about blogging is that you get to meet and work with some amazing companies that are doing the right thing and helping the world become a better place, especially if you are known to investigate them (like me!) and are always looking for the cleanest, safest and best products out there. In honor of back to school or back to work (after your Summer vacations), the Food Babe Team has been working with some stellar organic living companies to offer discounts on products I love for all you readers out there… Check out these products that rock and their FOOD BABE APPROVED back to school specials here:

Brads

BRAD’S RAW FOODS – Raw plant-based chips and snacks

In 2006, Brad, who later founded Brads Raw Foods, was overweight, under sleeping and mildly depressed. It was then that Brad decided to radically change his eating habits in hopes of feeling more alive. With more energy in sight, Brad adopted a raw, plant based diet. Feeling more alive and energized gave Brad the ability to delve deeper into the possibilities of a raw food diet, thus, Brads Raw Foods was born.

I love to make homemade kale chips, but to be honest, sometimes I like buying snacks too for convenience and Brad’s is one of my go to brands. Brad’s Raw Food snacks are crunchy, savory, and blow every other chip out of the water nutritionally speaking! They are so awesome because they taste amazing and they are made with raw ingredients (do you see a theme here – raw food is living, beautiful and nutritious!). Everything is dehydrated at no more than 115 degrees, preserving its highest life force to be passed along to the consumer for their snacking pleasure. I am a huge fan of the vampire killer kale chips and red pepper and “cheese” chips. They come in several flavors, including beet, which is on my list to try next. This is a great way to get a savory, healthy crunch into your child’s lunch or to take to work. If you want chips in your house this is definitely the way to go. This is all the crunch and flavor you could ever want in a chip and has more nutrients then Pringles, Doritos, or Cheetos ever thought about having!

BRAD’S RAW FOODS – 15% off with code: FOODBABE, shop at link here.

ThinkSport

THINK SPORT – Reusable insulated bottles, lunch containers, sunscreen and yoga mats

ThinkSport is an awesome company that has made it their mission to create products that do not contain nasty chemicals. Their products range from water bottles, to lunch containers to eco friendly yoga mats. Their insulated water bottles are great to send with your kids to school or take to work. They are double insulated so you can keep hot or cold liquids in them. They also don’t sweat, which if you’ve ever had a sweaty water bottle on your desk or in your bag you know about that issue. The ThinkSport food containers come in a lot of fun colors which is great for color coordinating containers for your children and your spouse. Most importantly, all the bottles and containers are free of Bisphenol-A (BPA), phthalates, nitrosamines, lead, PVC, and PET which means no “extra ingredients” are added to your food as it waits to be eaten! Here’s to thinking about what we store our food in as much as we do the food we store!

I recently snuck hot tea into the movie theatre using the 12 ounce insulated container – it was perfect and so comforting, vs. being tempted by not-so-healthy popcorn and candy!

THINK SPORT – 15% off with code: FOODBABE, shop at link here.

Slide2

RAW CRUNCH - Raw, unprocessed energy bars

I first found out about these bars when the Food Babe Eating Guide Nutritionist Lexi brought them over one day for me to try. I was smitten from the beginning. And then out of nowhere, Raw Crunch contacted me and wanted to send me a sample…  I couldn’t believe it – I love when companies I already like and approve of contact me (you should see the list of companies we have to send away because they don’t meet our rigorous principles for partnership!)

I like to eat nuts completely raw, but I have to admit it gets a little boring eating them plain all the time. That’s why I love Raw Crunch. The ingredient list consists of all real food, easy to pronounce and 100% raw, organic & clean. The bars are perfect for school lunches, work snacks, etc. Send the bars with your loved ones and have them eating raw macadamia nuts, raw flax seed, raw goji berries, raw pecans, raw cranberries, and raw sesame seeds. One bar is around 150 calories, which in my opinion, is the perfect snack size. I would highly recommend having these in your drawer or bag, vs. ever being tempted to go to the vending machine.

Cranberry Bar Ingredients: Organic Sesame Seeds, Organic Sunflower Seeds, Organic Pumpkin Seeds, Organic Cashews, Organic Cranberries, Organic Flaxseeds, Organic Pecans, Raw Honey, Organic Macadamia Nuts, Celtic Sea Salt®

Best of all, Raw Crunch bars are mixed with raw honey which gives them a chewy, soft, sweet taste. Warning: you may become addicted, I certainly am. These bars have it going on!

RAW CRUNCH – 15% off with code: FOODBABE, shop online here.

Slide5

BRANCH BASICS – Non-Toxic Cleaner

Finding a safe, allergy-friendly and non-toxic cleaning product was one of the first things I did when I started living on my own after college. I would almost immediately get a headache or start wheezing after my roommate would spray Windex or Mr. Clean all over the bathroom. That stuff is crazy – and if you still have conventional cleaning products in your house, I would trash them ASAP. Luckily, there are companies like Branch Basics that are making cleaning safe and fast. Branch Basics is comprised of all food-grade ingredients that are completely safe for the environment, humans and pets. The ingredients are comprised of leafy green seed-bearing plants. Have you seen the ingredient list in cleaners like Windex, Lysol and Mr. Clean? It’s a chemical bath! Check out the clean ingredients of Branch Basics here:

Purified water, fatty acids, coconut oil, organic alcohol*, folic acid, minerals and enzymes derived from edible and seed-bearing plants

Since EPA pesticide is not added, the synergy of the botanical ingredients together – which makes Branch Basics a soap – creates killing action against viruses, bacterias, and mold just as well as its more toxic, chemical-laden counterparts. Another one of the ingredients, coconut oil, with it’s own antiviral and antibacterial properties, further contributes to this soap’s natural anti-bacterial properties. The best part is that there are no toxic side effects or chances of creating antibiotic-resistant “superbugs” in the body, which are associated with using toxic alternatives.

All of these wonderful facts about Branch Basics are great – but you must be wondering if it actually works! Well it does! And we’ve been using it my house for about 6 months. You can even use the stuff to clean all the “green stains” on your juicer – which I love, they come right out – as well as on clothes.

Branch Basics is definitely worth the investment. The gallon concentrate makes 24 all-purpose spray bottles (32 oz), costing $3.48 each, or $0.11 per ounce – this is right on par with those conventional chemical counterparts we want to stay away from, so there is just no reason to buy that other stuff anymore.

If you have any questions about this product, check out their FAQ page and testimonials…You may even know some of the people on there! :)

BRANCH BASICS

32 oz starter kit: 15% off discount available at this link - shop online here

Gallon starter kit: 20% discount available at this link - shop online here

5-gallon pail: 25% discount available at this link – shop online here

Slide4

I first met the Kur Organics founders when I held a GMO-labeling fundraiser last year. It’s great to support a company that cares about the food we are eating and is a fellow activist in this food fight. Kur Organic’s Delights are raw, naturally sweet, easy to take on the go, and individually wrapped in appropriate portion sizes. Put them in your kids lunch box for a yummy, soft, chewy desert or take them to work for a 100% guilt free treat. Their is nothing to fret about with these ingredients. Raw dates, raw cashew butter, and a couple other raw ingredients depending on what flavor you are eating.

Kur Dark Chocolate Mint Delights: All Organic & Raw: Dates, Cashew Butter, Cocoa, Cacao Nibs, Cashews, Essential oil of Peppermint.

They come in three amazing flavors, Brownie, Coconut Cream, and Dark Chocolate Mint all of which are USDA organic, gluten free, raw, vegan, kosher and ridiculously tasty. The Dark Chocolate Mint flavor may have you turning away Girl Scout Thin Mints next time they are at your door, sorry girls. Kur Foods also ensures that absolutely no sugar or syrups are added to their products ever. Here’s to a sweet treat worthy of praise! (FYI, the 60 count jars are perfect for the top of your desk to bribe co-workers and your boss with… trust me, it works!)

KUR FOODS – 15% off with code: FOODBABE, shop online here.

If you have questions about any of these products, please feel free to ask in the comments  below. I’ve been eating or using them for a while now, so hopefully I’ll have all your answers, and if not, I’ll ask these companies to answer them for you.

In this day in age, I feel like we all know someone who could use a lunchbox or snack drawer makeover or perhaps needs to use a little less harmful packaging or cleaning products. If you know someone, please share this post with them. It will help them get started on the right foot, especially with these sweet back to school special deals.

Happy Shopping!

, , , ,

59 Responses to “Products That Rock – A Back To School Special”

1. JMC

All this stuff looks amazing (especially the Raw Crunch, heck they use Celtic Sea Salt – that’s one of the best salts out there). All really great stuff. A little tight on money right now but when things get better (financially) I’m going to get some of these.

2. Jason Waller

I love checking out all your info you provide but it’s also a big tease for me. I live in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and most of the time can’t get any of the products that you promote and love. Do you know if they distribute at all in Mexico?

Thanks for all the great info!

3. Ashley

You are just amazing !

4. Prashanthi

Just bought the Kur Organics Delights- 60 count. I have been looking for nice sweet treat after lunch at work. This looks nice, can’t wait to try. And it is FoodBabe approved!!!!!!!!!!!! . I am in a dilema to buy branch basics or not, as I make my own cleaner and it is very nice. But sometimes it is difficult to make especially with kids and busy work life. I will think about. How long is the coupon code valid?

• Food Babe (to Prashanthi)

The month of September – happy shopping :) Your co-workers are gonna love them!

• Sue (to Food Babe)

I am not a fan of Branch Basics, leaves glass and cooktops very streaky. Much prefer E.Cloths which are available on line. They are great and you don’t néed any chemicals just the cloth dampened with water. Have different ones for different applications. i.e. work surface, glass, shower etc. Also recommend Mollys Suds for laundry, it’s great. Also available on line.

• Branch Basics (to Sue)

Hi Sue, if there is streaking then that means there is too much concentrate. You can refer to the section on our labels for the “Streak-Free Stuff” that recommends making a bottle with only 1/8 tsp of soap in a spray bottle. Windows, stainless steel, etc. will come out perfectly clean and streak-free. Also, don’t forget Branch Basics is extremely versatile so if you’re not happy with those specific uses, use it for stain remover (I just got a ton of balsamic vinegar/olive oil mixture out of my silk dress!), produce wash, cleaning the oven, countertop, bathroom, etc. Not to mention as face wash and hand soap.
        Best,
        Kelly

• Lynn (to Sue)

Sue, I too used to think BB wasn’t the best for streak-prone surfaces but then I realized I was using too much concentrate so I diluted it (after finally reading the directions clearly!) and I can honestly say this is the only thing I”ll ever use for my windows, black granite countertops, stainless steel fridge, etc. AND there’s no streaking on my windows even when the sun shines through! I’d give this product another try, you don’t know what you’re missing. I”m so thankful I found it!

• Sue (to Lynn)

Hi Kelly and Lynn
        Thx for your replies. I will use correct dilution and reclean windows, glass top tables etc. Sue

5. Jamarys

Hi. Totally off topic but Wondering what toothpaste do you use?

6. Rebecca

As far as I can tell (please correct me if I’m wrong), Branch Basics does NOT use BPA-free plastic bottles for their cleaners. While switching from the chemicals to a more natural soap is the major change, I think the switch would be better if they were offering safer bottles. Is it just me?

• kristin (to Rebecca)

I’ve been using Branch Basics for a while and as far as I know they only use plastic #2 which doesn’t have BPA…it’s one of the safe ones! :)

7. Michael Johnson

so, where is your paradise?,
    I’m here in San Salvador after surfing Zunzal sabado, here is paradise, fresh fruits coconuts nuts, everywhere

have a nice day

8. Inga Hamilton

These all look great! Thanks for sharing and most of all thanks for doing all the leg work!! Had a question about a monthly snack service called Snack Box …. Snackbox.com …wondering if they are safe to sign up??

• Food Babe (to Inga Hamilton)

Most snack box companies don’t do the necessary investigative work and you’ll probably end up with snacks that I wouldn’t approve of… it’s definitely a risk!

9. rachel

needing help finding a good quality olive oil at a decent price

• Karen (to rachel)

A really good brand is “Oregon Olive Mill” at Red Ridge They have several flavors THe one I like, which has a bit of spark to it, is ARBEQUINA. It is milled and bottled in Dayton, Oregon. Fresh, clean, yummy and reasonable. I use it mostly for salads and over slightly cooked veggies. Special.

10. mmw

HI! Just noticed that Kur Foods has soy lecithin in their chocolate bar. Isn’t that on the no-no list?

• Food Babe (to mmw)

What? None of the companies recommended here have any GMO ingredients.

• mmw (to Food Babe)

that’s why I’m confused! their website clearly states no gmo’s, however if you look under the ingredients section they mention soy lecithin in their chocolate pieces…is there a non-gmo variety?

• Michael Garwood (to mmw)

Hi its Michael from KUR. We do not us Soy Lecithin or any GMOs in any of our products. The enclosed link has the ingredient and nutritional information. Thanks!

• mmw (to Michael Garwood)

oh I’m so sorry…i was looking at the raw crunch website …sorry michael! raw crunch lists their ingredients and goes on to say:

This is it for ingredients, with the exception of the organic dark chocolate pieces, which are not raw and contain organic sugar, organic unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, organic vanilla beans, soy lecithin. All Raw Crunch® bars are Gluten-free, Dairy-free & GMO-free.

• Michael Garwood (to mmw)

Hi Its Michael with KUR. We do not use soy lecithin or any GMOs in any of our products. The enclosed link has ingredient and nutritional information about our Delights. Thanks!

11. Jessie

WOW!!!! These are actually healthy snacks without any “natural flavors”!! Yeah!!!! It’s like a CHristmas miracle sometimes.

12. Steph

Would love to buy these products but cannot for a couple of reasons.
    The schools my children attend are nut free so they cannot enjoy these delicious snacks, and secondly I cannot eat most of these products due to a severe tree nut allergy I have had since childhood. This is a reoccurring problem I face with organic and non GMO snack foods. Can you provide names of any companies that make nut free products?

13. Marilyn

it really is disappointing that so many snacks are nut-centric since nut allergies are so prevalent. My son has a nut allergy, so snacking is really limited, which I find to be a good thing ANYWAY. But I would love to find things for him during the cooler months when there are less fruit and veggie varieties for me to give him.

14. Henry

Are there any health concerns related to the deodorant/antiperspirant products on the market? Any advice you can offer? Thank you for all the info you provide.

• Food Babe (to Henry)

Remember to choose ones without aluminum… Naturally fresh and Aubrey are my favorite!

• Linda (to Food Babe)

What about Primal Pit Paste, which you’ve promoted in the past?

• Food Babe (to Linda)

It’s great too.. however, many people had complaints about getting a rash.

• Jacklyn (to Linda)

If your not careful with the primal pit paste it’s easy to end up with coconut oil on your clothes … And it’s not easy to wash out!

• Mary (to Jacklyn)

I love the Primal Pit Paste but is does leave spots on your clothes that I have found impossible to get out :(

• Andrea (to Food Babe)

Hi,
        What about Thai crystal deodorant stone. It works great.

• Nancy (to Henry)

Just use a little baking soda. I have not used deodorant in 3 months. I can even skip a day and no odor. The chemicals in deodorant are what stinks.

15. willowsprite

Looks great! You say amazing a lot. Are all of these really that good? ;)

• Food Babe (to willowsprite)

When I like something, I like something.. therefore it’s AMAZING. Haha – so many friends say this about me, thanks for pointing that out once again :)

16. willowsprite

Wish these offers were good for your Canadian readers!

17. Christine

How long is the branch Basics coupon good for?

18. Luis

Awesome post! Thanks so much!!

Luis

19. Rachel

How do you feel about Amy’s products? I rarely buy frozen food, but if I’m really tight on time I occasionally eat her frozen dinners/pizzas, and also canned soups. It is said it be all organic and I can recognize all of the ingredients…

20. Laura Thomas

Hello. all this food and other producs look amazing. Problem is that none of it is available in Canada. Which means we have ot pay all sorts of cutsoms and taxes if we want to place any orders. It’s frustratiing and a constant problem, I find, with wonderful sites like yours and Dr. Mercola’s. Would you ever consider researching any products that are available to us Canadians? I am sure we make up a good protion of your followers now so it might be benefitical to us over here, as well as you. I can assure you that I am not alone on this. I know many folks who would spend more of their money and time on sites like yours if they knew that they could access similar products with the same ease that your US followers do. Thanks so much

21. joe

I also noticed that raw crunch has soy lecithin listed as an ingredient in their chocolate pieces – ingredients section of website. any word on this? thank you…just want to be sure before i buy.

• Food Babe (to joe)

it is non-gmo – they have confirmed. Personally I love the goji berry bar myself!

22. John Nevettie

INVESTIGATE FLUORIDE IN OUR WATER!!!

23. Susan

Great! Have been looking for a good water bottle/coffee thermos that doesn’t contain chemicals…ordered both the 12 and 25 oz. today with the Foodbabe discount–thanks!

24. CA Bellucci

Looking forward to getting my package from Kur. If they taste as good as they look (and read), I’ll be immediately putting in for a bigger package.

Thanks, FoodBabe! And thanks to the companies participating!

25. Andrea

I just received my products from Branch Basics, and while I haven’t tried them out yet, what I can say is that I was shocked by their packaging. I they bubble wrapped the empty plastic bottles, the actual soap, and lined the bottom of the box in bubble wrap. Then they shoved in a bunch of packing peanuts. Definitely not very eco friendly, and not what I expected. It really makes me sad to see this kind of packaging from a company that produces such a nice product. May have to think hard about this before I order again. Otherwise, I can’t wait to try it out.

• Meg @ Mr.C & Me (to Andrea)

Glad I’m not the only one that was shocked by their packaging! However — I checked on their website and they said…

“We source ingredients as close to home as possible to avoid unnecessary shipping costs and carbon footprinting. As for shipping the product to you, we use starch peanuts which are from a renewable source versus styrofoam peanuts, which are petroleum-based polystyrene. The starch peanuts are non-toxic, biodegradable and safe for humans and pets if accidentally ingested (sound familiar?!). They are also soluble in water and can be disposed of down household drains! We also highly encourage customers to recycle their boxes. When we package the 5-gallon pails, we use the “wax” paper backing from our label rolls.”

26. Lisa

Thanks for these great discounts! I had been wanting to try Branch Basics for awhile now. I can’t wait to get it.

I have to say I love the Raw Crunch Bars. I became a fan of them about a year ago. I went to purchase them from your link and there is no place for the discount code. I went through the process several times and each time no discount. I was disappointed. I ended up canceling my order.

27. Ashley

Hi, Thanks so much for offering these great discounts! I was actually waiting to place an order for the Branch Basics until my paycheck arrived, but now the link for the 5-Gallon pail is not working. Please help! I know this offer is only good until the end of the month. Thanks so much!

• Assistant to Food Babe (Krista) (to Ashley)

Hi Ashley – try this link. http://www.branchbasics.com/foodbabelarge If it doesn’t work, contact them directly.

• Ashley (to Assistant to Food Babe (Krista))

Thanks for your reply. However the link you provided is for the gallon jug, I’m looking for the link to the 5-gallon pail (it is listed in the text above and used to work but is no longer working).

• Assistant to Food Babe (Krista) (to Assistant to Food Babe (Krista))

Ok sorry about that. Try contacting them directly 713-489-5531 or info@branchbasics.com

28. Paula

I love your recommendations, unfortunately I find that many of them are not available to military overseas. (FPO/APO addresses) This is really disappointing, a lot of places we are sent to have little in the way of clean eating, and in many instances we wouldn’t know anyway because it’s in a different language! I would love to see these companies offer shipping to US military overseas, and as far as cost-it costs the same! Not sure why this isn’t an option already but if any of these companies are reading- please consider this request!