These Chickpea Curry Wraps are sooooo good. They are perfect to make ahead, pack for lunch and have ready to go for busy days. The combination of flavors is so delicious – a little sweet, spicy and salty. I use 100% sprouted whole grain tortillas from Food for Life brand to wrap up this homemade salad mixture. These tortillas are 100% organic, non-GMO, a great source of complete protein and a favorite staple around here. I also show you how to make chickpeas from scratch (not from a can – although you can still use canned, as long as the can is BPA-free) in a video below.
And for those of you who don’t like curry, I’d challenge you to try this recipe and see what happens. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
- ¾ cups dry chickpeas (or one 15 ounce can cooked, rinsed and drained)
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 large sprouted wheat tortillas (gluten free option: use gluten free tortillas)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon honey (vegan option: use 1 teaspoon coconut nectar)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- You can use canned chickpeas or make them by soaking dry chick peas over night in water.
- Drain and rinse soaked chickpeas and place them in a large pot.
- Cover chickpeas with 2 to 3 inches with cold water.
- Cook over high heat and bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer, covered, until softened, about 1½ hours.
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked chickpeas, red pepper, cilantro and raisins.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Add dressing to chickpea mixture and stir well. Let sit for 30 minutes to develop flavors or refrigerate to eat at a later time.
- Add half of the mixture to each tortilla and top with one cup of baby spinach. Roll tightly and enjoy.
Watch me make these on NBC’s Charlotte Today below! A big thank you goes to Whole Foods Charlotte for supplying the ingredients.
Hope you enjoy the recipe!
P.S. This recipe is taken straight from the Food Babe Eating Guide program. Each month members get a whole new set of Food Babe approved menu items, recipes, a grocery list and bonuses! You can check it out here if you are interested in joining and supporting a healthy organic lifestyle and all the work we do at FoodBabe.com.