Vani (aka Food Babe) speaks on a wide range of food policy, nutritional and holistic health topics. To invite her to speak and inquire about her availability and rates, please contact her directly here.
- September 9-11, 2014 – The National Heirloom Exposition (Santa Rosa, CA)
- May 15, 2014 – Consumer Health Summit (Stamford, Connecticut)
- March 1, 2014 – Everyday Health & Wellness Conference (Fairfax, VA)
- January 5, 2014 – NC Fitness Expo, 2 sessions “The Truth about GMOs” and “How To Eat Organic On A Budget”
- October 25, 2013 – ABC Home, Beauty & Wellness Event, Interview
- October 13, 2013 – FlyWheel Sports, How Eating Real Food Can Keep You Thin and Disease Free
- September 26, 2013 – I-522 GMO Labeling Fundraiser at Expo East, Why GMO Labeling Is Critical
- May 2, 2013 – Bank of America’s Environmental Forum: Sustainable Food Roundtable
- March 23, 2013 – Carolinas Indian American Physicians Convention: The Impact of GMOs
- January 24, 2013 – North Carolina GMO-Labeling Kickoff Event: Let Me Decide
- January 12, 2013 - Viva Raw Juice Wellness Event: The Best Strategies to Control Your Sugar Cravings
- November 17, 2012 - Community Presentation in Pickens, Mississippi: Green Smoothie Making 101
- November 15, 2012 - Community Presentation in Pickens, Mississippi: Wellness & Losing Weight with a Plant Based Diet
- October 14, 2012 – Southern Obesity Summit: Keynote Address at Youth Reception – “Spreading GMO Awareness” with Birke Baehr
- October 13, 2012 – Fresh Expo: “Detoxing Your Beauty Regimen” and “The Truth about GMOs”
- October 1, 2012 – CA Right to Know Proposition 37 Fundraiser at GustOrganics in NYC
- September 4, 2012 – The PPL Live at the Democratic National Convention : “Food: Intentionally – Discussing local food movement and inequities in the food system”
- July 28, 2012 – Society of Professional Journalism Panel Discussion : “Lessons from the Democratic National Convention”
- June 30, 2012 – Skype Global Live Debate Panel : “Global Cuisine”
- June 7, 2012 – 3 Weeks to Wellness : “The Truth about Dairy, General Q&A”
- April 19, 2012 – Johnson & Wales University : “The Real Inconvenient Truth: How Eating Less Meat Can Save the Environment”
- April 18, 2012 – 3 Weeks to Wellness : “The Truth about Dairy, How to Seize Your Sugar Cravings, General Q&A”
- March 13, 2012 – 3 Weeks to Wellness “Sugar Cravings & Everyday Eats”
- February 26, 2012 – Shad’s Landing Retirement Community : “How a Plant Based Diet Can Work Miracles in the Body”
- February 15, 2012 – Comedy Zone Special Guest : “Late Night with Johnny Millwater”
- January 18, 2012 – 3 Weeks to Wellness : “The Truth about Dairy, How to Seize Your Sugar Cravings, General Q&A”
- November 16, 2011 – 3 Weeks to Wellness : “The Truth about Dairy, How to Seize Your Sugar Cravings, General Q&A”
Vani Hari ‘s Professional Bio:
Vani Hari started FoodBabe.com in April 2011 to spread information about what is really in the American food supply. She teaches people how to make the right purchasing decisions at the grocery store, how to live an organic lifestyle, and how to travel healthfully around the world. The success in her writing and investigative work can be seen in the way food companies react to her uncanny ability to find and expose the truth.
Impassioned by knowing how food affects health, Vani loves sharing her message on the blogosphere to 4 million readers across the globe. After receiving tremendous attention on her posts about Chick-Fil-A, she was invited by the company’s leadership to meet at its headquarters to consult on specific improvements to ingredients used by the national chain, which they later implemented. 7 months after Vani petitioned Kraft to remove harmful petroleum-based artificial food dyes from Mac & Cheese, Kraft responded by removing the dye from all products aimed at children. Other major food companies that have responded to her writings include Whole Foods, Lean Cuisine, McDonalds, General Mills, Coca-Cola, Chipotle, Yoforia, and Moe’s South West Grill.
Vani’s activism brought national attention at the Democratic National Convention when she used her status as an elected delegate to protest in front of the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture on the issue of GMO labeling. Vani has been profiled in the New York Times, USA Today, Washington Times, Chicago Tribune, appeared on The Dr. Oz Show, Good Morning America, Doctors Show, NBC News, Fox News and is a regular cooking contributor on NBC’s Charlotte Today and food expert on CNN.