I’m always looking for ways to use Tru Roots Sprouted Lentils – my favorite beans right now. These beans are friendly on your tummy and packed with protein – making it a perfect meatless option to stuff some beautiful red peppers. I happened to do just that last week when I made a lonesome stuffed pepper for my husband for dinner one night. The pepper was delicious, warm and comforting (of course I took a bite!) and really easy to make especially after a long day. You can definitely make more than one, you could even assemble these gorgeous red peppers ahead of time for a dinner party or a large group or make extras for left overs. Enjoy!
Food Babe’s Stuffed Red Peppers
- 1 red pepper
- ¼ cup of sprouted lentils cooked
- 1 cup of arugula
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove minced
- A sprinkle of red pepper flakes at your discretion
- ½ ounce raw goat cheese or parmesan (optional)
- ¼ cup of tomato sauce + more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut stem and top of red pepper off and discard seeds inside
- Place all other ingredients in bowl and mix
- Fill the red pepper with fillings – it’s ok if it spills over into the dish
- Top off with extra tomato sauce if desired
- Bake for 35 – 45 mins
- Remove from dish and serve
Enjoy on a bed of quinoa or more fresh arugula. ***Please buy all organic ingredients if possible***
What are y’all making this week? Any good recipes to share with me and other readers? I’m looking for inspiration…
Instead of putting up a fight today – I’m gonna join the US Congress in their recent declaration – Pizza is a Vegetable!
This statement becomes completely true, when you start off with a “flour free” whole foods crust like a sprouted grain tortilla and load a big bowl of vegetables on top.
I have a feeling this pizza will become a staple in your household, like it has mine. The freshness in taste goes beyond any frozen pizza could ever deliver. When I suggest one of these pizzas to my husband for dinner, I usually hear a big “OH YEAH!” come out of his mouth. When I make this for other family members or friends, they immediately request the recipe.
This recipe will bring upon cheers from your loved ones, friends and family! They will all LOVE it.
Food Babe’s Pizza is a Vegetable Pizza
- 1 Ezekiel sprouted wheat tortilla
- 4 tablespoons of tomato/pizza sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ cup onions chopped
- ¼ cup green peppers chopped
- ¼ cup broccoli chopped
- 5 black olives sliced
- 1 ounce of organic mozzarella cheese (Optional)
- ½ ounce of raw parmesan cheese (Optional)
- crushed red pepper for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place thawed tortilla on large pan and place in oven – 3-4 mins to allow crust to harden a bit
- Once tortilla has started to slightly crisp on edges, remove from oven
- Place sauce and garlic on crust first
- Then top with suggested toppings or other toppings, being careful not to overload the crust
- Next place cheese on top (Optional)
- Cook for 10 mins or until cheese is bubbly
Enjoy with a big green salad. ***Please buy all organic ingredients if possible***
Are you vegan?….No cheese leaves more room for veggies and still creates an equally delicious and satisfying pizza.
Want to keep it light? Just use a little bit of cheese…
Or you can go all out…. and make it super cheesy!
Wouldn’t it be amazing if schools nationwide started to use this recipe?!!!!
Have a great weekend!
Last night was so much fun catching up with my best friend, Nicole. We’ve known each other and been best friends for over 25 years. Last night reminded me of really good times when we were growing up together – we spent countless weekends in our teenage years sleeping over and watching cheezy shows like Baywatch while eating Papa Johns Pizza.
OH HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED
We didn’t watch any TV and definitely didn’t have any Papa Johns. LOL.
Nicole came over right after work and we started the night off with lots of green juice shots before I got busy in the kitchen.
We caught up on everything while cooking. This gooey sweet potato goat cheese quesadilla turned out fantastic! Nicole loved it so much she exclaimed “Tom (her husband) would love this!” – That made me smile ear to ear.
Let me know if you try this recipe – it’s a crowd pleaser and would be awesome for a party too!
Food Babe’s Sweet Potato Goat Cheese Quesadilla
- 8 small Ezekiel sprouted wheat tortillas
- 1 large baked sweet potato
- 4 ounces goat cheese grated or crumbled
- 2 cups of fresh arugula
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet on medium heat and cooked red onion until tender and brown
- Mash the baked sweet potato with spices and fresh cracked pepper
- Lightly spray a large rack with oil and place down 4 tortillas on rack
- Spread ¼ cup of sweet potato mixture on each tortilla/li>
- Continue adding red onions, arugula and 1 ounce of goat cheese on each tortilla
- Top each filled tortilla with another tortilla and spray lightly with oil
- Cook for 10-12 mins – watch carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn
- Remove from oven once top is slightly browned and cool for a couple of mins
- Use a pizza cutter to cut quesadilla into slices
***Please buy all organic ingredients if possible***
Nicole & Food Babe