During my last trip to NYC, I had the chance to sit down with Yahoo Health and discuss some of the important information you’ll learn in my #1 best selling book The Food Babe Way. These are must watch videos! I discuss what popular diets get wrong and my top tips for healthy living. Food industry tricks are everywhere, here’s what to watch out for…
Watch: The Food Babe On How To Avoid Industry Tricks And Take Back Control Of Your Health
- The Food Babe Way isn’t about deprivation or giving up your fave foods. Enjoy what you love in an additive-free way.
- The only person who decides what you put in your body is you.
- Natural flavors can mean anything! The food industry uses them to replace real food which tricks your taste buds.
- Artificial sweeteners make us crave more than we should, and can be found in foods you’d never expect like yogurt.
- Hidden MSG creates an irresistibility about food that makes us eat more than we should. Ever wonder why you can’t stop at one chip? Hidden MSG is why. See my book The Food Babe Way for a complete list of hidden MSG additives.
- It’s easier than you think to buy organic on a budget. Cook organic food from scratch and keep leftovers in your freezer, so you don’t waste food and save money. For 75 more organic budget tips check this post out.
- When ordering at a restaurant, you don’t need to follow the rules and can ask for off-menu options. For more restaurant tips and how to eat out while traveling, check out Day 16 and Day 21 in The Food Babe Way.
Watch: 5 popular diets and what to watch out for (This information is not to demonize anyone’s principles about what they eat. No matter what diet you follow, there’s always food industry pitfalls!)
- Paleo: Watch out for the ingredient “carrageenan” found in alternative nut milk products. This ingredient is linked to intestinal inflammation. Don’t overdo the meat consumption which can make the body overly acidic – the emphasis should be on whole plant based foods. Consider eating beans, they have been shown to prevent heart disease, diabetes, and help keep you slim.
- Gluten-Free: There’s a lot of processed gluten-free products being developed by the food industry right now. These products can contain added refined sugars, fattening processed flours and starches (like rice flour) that increase blood sugar that can lead to weight gain – always check the ingredients!
- Raw: Agave has more fructose than HFCS, heading straight to the liver. Avoid this ingredient as much as possible to stay slim.
- Vegan: Fake meat products often contain soy protein isolate, which is heavily processed with toxic hexane. Stay away from these invented industry products full of questionable additives.
- Mediterranean: There’s little to no emphasis on organic living, exposing you to harmful synthetic chemicals. In some instances, olive oil has been contaminated with other cheap oils and may not be authentic.
To learn more, there are 5 more popular diet examples and what to watch out for in The Food Babe Way.
Please share this information and videos with your loved ones – the more we know, the healthier we will be!
P.S. In my #1 best selling book The Food Babe Way – I teach you even more ways you can break free from the hidden toxins in your food, lose weight, look years younger and get healthy in just 21 days. In my 2nd book, Feeding You Lies, I blow the lid off of the lies we’ve been fed about the food we eat – lies about its nutrient value, effects on our health, label information, and even the very science we base our food choices on. And, my first cookbook, Food Babe Kitchen, contains over 100 mouthwatering recipes to show you how delicious and simple it is to eat healthy, easy, real food. Available anywhere books are sold.