For most of my life I lived in what felt like a foreign body – the food and chemicals I was eating were not serving my health, my weight, or my beauty. I suffered a myriad of health issues that kept me on several prescription drugs just to cope – now I’m on zero.
When I look back at that time, I feel immense sadness. I don’t want anyone to ever feel the way that I did. This is what motivates me to help people like you. You need to know that you don’t need to feel overweight, sick, and tired.
I recently sat down with Dr. Mark Hyman, who I greatly admire and that I’m happy to call a friend. On his podcast, The Doctor’s Farmacy, we discussed how I gained back my health, the sorry state of the processed food industry, and my New York Times Best Selling cookbook, Food Babe Kitchen.
Watch my interview on The Doctor’s Farmacy with Dr. Mark Hyman:
You can also listen to the podcast here:
Highlights of our conversation:
- 5:55 – Why I call myself an “accidental activist” and my personal health journey
- 13:57 – The prevalence of harmful food additives and chemicals in our food supply
- 16:08 – The myth government regulation and supervision of our food
- 20:39 – The most important label on your food. This might surprise you!
- 22:15 – How the food industry funds scientific groups and experts to appear “independent”
- 30:49 – Ask yourself this before you eat you next meal.
- 33:02 – Why are there “natural flavors” in our food?
- 37:09 – How government programs help drive food industry profit over protecting our health
- 42:12 – Make sure you are not cooking your food in this at home.
- 50:17 – How I make sweets without ANY refined sugar.
Get started with my New York Times Best Selling Cookbook – Food Babe Kitchen:
I know this cookbook will inspire millions to get back in the kitchen, shop for the best ingredients and convince people once and for all that we must take back control of our health.
It makes a great gift! Please consider buying a copy for your loved ones.