I have a new love… and it’s green. Yesterday I made my very first batch of Pistachio Milk. With it, I had the best cafe latte and the best Parfait Porridge I have EVER had. The milk has hints of my favorite Baskin Robbin’s Pistachio Ice Cream that I haven’t eaten in almost a decade.
The milk is rich, creamy and slightly sweet all on it’s own – and doesn’t even need a single date to sweeten it up.
The best part of making this gorgeous looking and tasting nut milk is that pistachios do not require soaking. Talk about instant gratification!
Some variations I want to try are included in the recipe. It’s going to be hard to choose the next one.
- 1 cup of raw shelled pistachios rinsed
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tsp ground cardamon seed (optional variation #1)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional variation #2)
- 1 tsp almond extract (optional variation #3)
- Place pistachio nuts and 4 cups of water, in blender and blend on high for ~ 1 min
- Pour milk into a bowl using a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth, separating the pulp from the milk
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days
We used a Nespresso Aeroccino to make lattes – do you have one of these yet? This is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets ever. We have had ours for about 7 years and it seriously makes the best homemade lattes ever – even with nut milk. Just look at the foamy dense pistachio milk in this latte….
I honestly haven’t been this excited about a recipe in quite sometime. I can’t wait to hear what you think after you try it.