Imagine all the flavors of pumpkin pie in a big hot bowl of goodness… That’s what this breakfast is! It might as well be a dessert because it tastes that good! Fortunately, this breakfast will give you staying power, a nice dose of healthy fiber and disease-busting nutrients without the sugar high. This Pumpkin Quinoa Porridge will be perfect for the holidays ahead – make a big batch for your family and friends for a warm delicious organic treat!
- 1 cup dry quinoa rinsed and drained
- 1 and ½ cups almond milk, divided (nut allergy: use coconut milk)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 2-3 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup, more as desired
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- In a pot, add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of almond milk. Bring to a boil and add the quinoa, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Turn down the heat to a simmer and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Once the liquid has evaporated, take off the heat and stir in the ground flaxseeds. To serve, place some of the porridge in a bowl and add about ¼ cup almond milk or desired amount. Top with the walnuts, honey or maple syrup and coconut if using. Enjoy!
Please share this healthy breakfast idea with loved ones – the more people eating organic and healthy breakfasts like these (and not eating Dunkin Donuts & Egg McMuffins!), the better the world will be!
P.S. Do you like recipes like this? You will love my books!
In my #1 best selling book The Food Babe Way – I teach you even more ways you can break free from the hidden toxins in your food, lose weight, look years younger and get healthy in just 21 days. In my 2nd book, Feeding You Lies, I blow the lid off of the lies we’ve been fed about the food we eat – lies about its nutrient value, effects on our health, label information, and even the very science we base our food choices on. And, my first cookbook, Food Babe Kitchen, contains over 100 mouthwatering recipes to show you how delicious and simple it is to eat healthy, easy, real food. Available anywhere books are sold.