The definition of a “super hero” – a fictional hero having extraordinary or super human powers.
What if non-fictional super heroes existed in real life in the form of food? Like ones that have the extraordinary ability to provide your body with huge amounts of nutrition in one packed punch? Or that have powers capable of combating evil villains like auto immune disorders, depression and cancer? How about a food that can protect your body from free radical and carcinogen invaders? Or one when faced with dire circumstances you could live on for the rest of your life?
I am here to tell you these foods do exist!
They are called SUPERFOODS!
This isn’t make believe! You can add them to your diet NOW to see your health sky rocket!
These are my favorite super foods heroes:
1. Kale is a Paragon Superfood Hero – Kale has super strength powers in fighting cancer and is considered the world’s number one superfood. Kale is talented and can strip the liver of toxic wrong doers and kick out carcinogens from your blood. Also – you don’t need to wear fancy goggles to get razor sharp vision – Just eat kale, it has twice as much Vitamin A than a carrot. I eat kale everyday – it is the base of the “Hari Shakes” I make to eat on the go for me and my husband. (Recipe coming soon!)
2. Raw Cacao is a Blaster Superfood Hero – Eating raw cacao gives you a blast of serotonin, endorphins, phenylethylamine, tryptophan and anandamide which all work together to give you an overall sense of well being, bliss, pleasure and pure happiness! Eat it raw and you’ll be consuming the highest concentrated antioxidant on earth and flying high! I love to add it smoothies, cookies and trail mixes.
Raw Cacao, Chocolate and ORAC
August 14, 2008
ORAC scores for the Top 10 Antioxidants Foods (per 100 grams)
1) Raw cocoa powder* 95,500
2) Raw cacao nibs* 62,100
3) Roasted cocoa powder 26,000
4) Organic Goji Berries* 25,300
5) Acai Berries* 18,500
6) Dark Chocolate 13,120
7) Milk Chocolate 6,740
9) Raisins 2,830
10) Blueberries 2,400
Source: US department of Agriculture/Journal of American Chemical Society
*Brunswick Laboratories MA, USA
3. Goji Berries is a Time Traveler Superfood Hero – Used traditionally in Chinese Medicine, goji berries can make your body glow by allowing your skin to absorb more oxygen. Goji berries are fast movers helping improve circulation in the body and moving bacteria and viruses out of the body by strengthening your immune system. Goji berries contain more iron than spinach, more beta carotene than carrots, and more protein than whole wheat. I eat these dynamic berries instead of raisins in my Parfait Porridge, trail mix or straight up for chewy dessert.
4. Chia Seeds are a Shape Shifter Superfood Hero – Chia seeds can grow 10 times their weight in size when combined with liquid which helps the body stay hydrated when fighting characters like Gargamel and other villains. The word “chia” comes from the Aztec word that means “oily” – The oils found in this small little round seed is the secret to its health benefits. Having the most content of omega 3 fatty acids of any plant food – they fight inflammation in the body reducing the chance for heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and depression. I top off protein drinks, salads, and Parfait Porridge with these little mighty smurfs, I mean seeds.
5. Spirulina is an Energizer Superfood Hero – Spirulina is seriously powerful by giving a major boost of energy to your body. You can live from just 2-3 tablespoons of this food alone. Getting its superpowers by photosynthesis from the sun, it virtually has all the protein, vitamins, minerals, digestive enzymes, and chlorophyll your body needs for near perfect nutrition. I drink the powdered form every single day. Did you know Vibrant Health Green Vibrance and Healthforce Vitamineral Green are a great source of spirulina?
The best part of eating superfoods – You can eat them all year long. You don’t need to wait for Halloween to dress up as one! 🙂
Thank you for all the costume ideas last week on my Facebook Fan Page. Your ideas were hilarious! Dressing up as bacon was tempting, it would of been definitely scarier!
Hope you have a Healthy & Happy Halloween!
To Infinity and Beyond!
Food Babe aka Superfood
P.S. I’d love to know if you dressed up for Halloween this year – share your costumes with me here or on my Facebook Fan Page! Check out more pictures from our night out below!
And Green Smoothie Earrings too!
I had a run in with Superfood’s evil enemy – a Hot Dog! She tried to scare me too – she said “Boo! I’m a hot dog – I will give you cancer, from all my carcinogenic nitrates.”
Borat thinks Superfoods are real niiiiiice. Superfoods can give you more sexy time! Did you know goji berries improve sexual function and fertility?