It’s full swing into the fall season around here and I’m so excited about cooking up all my favorite seasonal recipes. This comforting chili is DELICIOUS and perfect to make during the week when you don’t have a lot of time – it only takes 25 minutes to cook! It’s quick on the stove or you can throw everything together in a crockpot while you are working and have it ready to go in a 4-6 hours.
Pumpkin is of course incredibly nutritious too! Pumpkins can help improve eyesight, keep you slim because of all the fiber and provides a nice dose of vitamin C that can help your immune system.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 cups diced pumpkin (peeled) or puree
- 2 heaping tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 and ½ cups diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 lime cut into wedges (for squeezing on top of soup)
- Optional toppings: goat or cheddar cheese, tortilla strips, scallions, cilantro, sour cream, etc
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, jalapeno and pumpkin. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, cloves, sea salt, diced tomatoes, vegetable stock and black beans. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Season with additional salt and black pepper to your liking.
- Take off the heat and place some of the chili in a bowl and top with fresh lime juice and desired toppings. Enjoy!
If you know someone who loves pumpkin, please share this recipe with them! And if you are looking for more nutritious, slimming, quick recipes like this, please check out the Food Babe Membership Program, we just added a whole new guide full of amazing fall recipes – come join us here!