Today I accomplished a very important feat. I called out a very popular brand of hummus owned by Pepsi Co. who donated over 1.7 million against GMO labeling on a major NBC local news network, all while sharing one of my favorite recipes ever.
Talk about killing two birds with one stone!
Watch it all unfold below in a live cooking segment on Charlotte Today…
- Beet Hummus Ingredients
- 1 can of Eden Foods garbanzo beans
- 2-3 tbsp organic tahini
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- juice of one orange
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1 small beet chopped
- handful of cilantro
- 1 tsp of maple syrup (optional if you like it sweeter – but it really brings out the flavor)
- Wrap & Toppings
- 3 collard leaves with stem removed (see video for details)
- avocado slices
- raw sprouts
- Drain garbanzo beans and give them a quick rinse
- Combine all hummus ingredients except olive oil in food processor/blender and blend
- Once combined, scrape sides
- Start blending again and add olive oil slowing into mixture while it is blending
- Spread 3 tbsp of hummus onto collard leaves, top with avocado, pickles and sprouts
- Fold leaf and roll up, secure with a toothpick if making for take out or just eat!
- Refrigerate leftover hummus for up to 5-7 days
A very big thank you goes to Whole Foods for providing the ingredients for today’s cooking segment and to the hosts Colleen Odegaard and Ramona Holloway, Associate Producer Bob Carroll and Production Assistant Kellie Brown.
Spreading my non-GMO and organic message with all your viewers and all of you reading, brings me so much joy.