Cookbook Giveaway + Recipe: The 10 Day Detox Diet By Dr. Mark Hyman
As you may know, Dr. Mark Hyman is a practicing family physician and the director of the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine. He also wrote a very thoughtful foreward for my book that came out in February! When we met last year, we instantly connected.
A few years back, Dr. Hyman wrote one of the best health books of all-time, The Blood Sugar Solution, in which he provides a program to not only help you shed weight, but also prevent major diseases that are skyrocketing in this country like diabetes and heart disease. This book is not about fad diets and quick fixes, but rather it’s the key to maintaining lifelong health. I have learned so much from Dr. Hyman, and if you haven’t read this book yet, I highly recommend picking up a copy. And if you are looking for a 10 day jump start, check out his book The 10-Day Detox Diet.
Dr. Hyman is a big supporter of the Food Babe Army and the work that we are doing.
That’s why he has agreed to give 10 lucky Food Babe readers a copy of his NEW companion cookbook: The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet Cookbook!
In the beginning of this cookbook, Dr. Hyman walks you through his Blood Sugar Solution Detox plan, and the cutting-edge science behind the meal plans. In the second part of the book, there are over 150 healthy recipes that are free of harmful inflammatory ingredients or allergens, and will help you stay on track.
As a country, we have grown accustomed to outsourcing the majority of our meals.
We are no longer eating from our own kitchens but instead are eating in restaurants, on the go, and consuming food prepared by someone else with a list of ingredients chosen by someone else. In my own journey to living an organic lifestyle, I learned that I needed to stop outsourcing my meals and I started preparing real whole-food recipes in my own kitchen as much as possible. This has allowed me to know exactly what I’m eating and experience the best health that I’ve ever had! When following Dr. Hyman’s meal plan you will optimize your natural ability to burn fat, reduce insulin levels and inflammation, reprogram your metabolism, shut off fat-storing genes, create effortless appetite control, and soothe stress.
How to enter to win a copy of Dr. Hyman’s cookbook:
- Sign up for Food Babe email updates here; AND
- Leave a comment on this post below before MIDNIGHT this WEDNESDAY, APRIL 29, 2015.
If you’re already get Food Babe email updates, just leave a comment below to enter. All winners will be chosen at random and will receive an email notifying them that they’ve won. By entering this giveaway, you agree to the official rules below.
GOOD LUCK! Please enter by April 29, 2015 for your chance to win.
One of my favorite recipes in this book is this simple and flavorful Chipotle Salmon with Arugula Salad – it’s easy and super tasty. If you’ve never roasted cauliflower before you’ve got to give this recipe a try!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cored and cut into 2-inch florets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, peppers seeded and minced, 2 teaspoons sauce reserved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) boneless, skin-on wild salmon fillets
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ¼ cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place the cauliflower florets on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with ¼ teaspoon salt and a pinch of black pepper. Toss to coat the cauliflower with the oil and seasonings.
- Roast the cauliflower, stirring once midway, until it is tender and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, and balsamic vinegar.
- Place the salmon fillets, skin-side down, in a baking dish. Use a spoon or a brush to coat the top of the salmon with the chipotle mixture. Bake until the salmon is cooked through, 12 to 16 minutes, depending on the thickness.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the roasted cauliflower, arugula, sundried tomatoes, olives, and pine nuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, cider vinegar, mustard, and a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, gently tossing to combine. Serve with the salmon.
**Please use all organic ingredients if possible**
- There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- Eligibility: This giveaway is open only to U.S. citizens and legal residents of the continental U.S. (excluding Hawaii, Alaska, and U.S. territories) who are at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry (19 years of age or older if a resident of AL, DE or NE; 21 years of age or older if a resident of MS).
- Giveaway is void outside the continental USA and where prohibited by law.
- How to enter: (1) Subscribe to email updates at https://foodbabe.com/subscribe/ and (2) leave a comment in this post below. Include your email address in the “Email Address” field of the comment form so we know where to contact you if you’re a winner. (Do not include your email address in your comment).
- Entries are limited to one per person.
- Any comment containing vulgar or hateful language will not be considered an entry. Spamming will not be tolerated and those entries will be voided.
- This giveaway begins on Monday, April 27, 2015. Entries must be submitted by Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 12:00am (midnight) Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Winners will be chosen at random.
- Ten (10) Winners will receive an email notifying them that they’ve won.
- Odds of winning are determined by the number of entries received.
- A list of winners may be made available to anyone who inquires.
- All chosen winners are subject to eligibility determination before prizes will be awarded. If it is determined that a winner was not eligible, their entry will be voided.
- Approximate retail value of the prize: The Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook ($17.55).
- Any federal, state or local tax or other fees or charges associated with the receipt or use of any prize is solely the responsibility of the winner.