Rainbow Bite Juice

Rainbow Chard

Rainbow Chard is one of my favorite plants to juice! The leaves are huge! My favorite benefit of eating this member of the beet family – is NIGHT VISION. Yes – everyone can get rid of their night vision googles if they just add rainbow chard to their diet.

This juice is not for the faint of heart because of the garlic. The garlic adds a serious bite to it the mixture.  Garlic is amazing for your immunity, so don’t go get scared and leave it out. I like to have this juice before dinner when I am home for the evening and there’s a chance of vampires coming to visit. You better believe, my night vision will be on!

Rainbow Brite Juice

• ½ bunch celery
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1 cucumber with ends removed
  • 1 lemon with peel removed
Instructions
  1. Wash all vegetables thoroughly and place into a large bowl
  2. Juice each vegetable in this order – rainbow chard, cabbage, celery, garlic, cucumber, lemon
  3. Stir mixture before serving
  4. Clean juicer immediately
Notes
Makes approximately two 15 ounce servings – Sip slowly and drink with intention immediately after juicing. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 12 hours (Some live enzymes will be lost). ***Please buy all organic ingredients if possible***

Rainbow Brite

Colors seperating

XOXO,

, , ,

36 Responses to “Rainbow Bite Juice”

1. Lindsey

What kind of juicer do you use? I have been interested in trying out juicing for awhile now, but I don’t know which juicers are good or not..or really how to do it at all!!

Lindsey

• lorelei williams (to Lindsey)

A masticating juicer is best. Omega is best. It is expensive but is worth it. You’ll beable to juice wheat grass and also you can keep unused juice infrig for a few days, unlike other juicers.

2. Food Babe

Hi Lindsey – Thanks for stopping by! I just posted information about what juicer I use and some other fabulous ones – check it out here! http://foodbabe.com/2011/10/23/day-2-all-about-juicers-recap/

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers!

• mary (to Food Babe)

Can you update with comments on juicers 2014 – both high end and for beginning juicers?

3. Melissa

Hi Food Babe! I discovered your page on the 100 Days site. Love your site!! I just started water with lemon and cayenne this morning, and bought some green vibrance. I’m so excited!

I’m wanting to try some of your juice recipes. I found the Hari Shake recipe that I’ll try this weekend. My question is – can I use a blender for your other juice recipes? I don’t have a juicer, but I can blend my heart away if it will work!

Thanks so much for everything!
    Melissa

• Food Babe (to Melissa)

I don’t think the recipes for the juices would come out exactly like they intended, unless you have a juicer or have a vitamix where you can squeeze the juice out of the pulp with a nut milk bag. I would really consider investing in a juicer. It has been the best thing I’ve ever added to my kitchen hands down. Once you start drinking fresh unpasteurized vegetable juice full of live enzymes and nutrients…I really feel your body actually starts to experience a whole another realm of wellness! Good Luck!

• Melissa (to Food Babe)

Sounds good…thanks so much for the reply! I’ll start looking for one!

4. michelle paukstis

love your site just found it also…started the lemon water with cayenne and just wonder if its ok to do it cold? run out the door early does heating the water make a difference….i have done the clean clense before and felt so good…now fell off the wagon….if i make the juices in the evening can i take them to work after a night in the fridge….still good for you by that time?

as far as organic milk…i used to feed it to my kids but at 4-5 gallons a week i can not afford it….i choose trader joes products most of the time….is that milk also as bad or ok to use…..help!!!

• Food Babe (to michelle paukstis)

I would drink it at room temperature or warmer, since it is easier for your body to assimilate. Juices will last about 12 – 24 hours in a air tight container in the fridge if you are using a typical home juicer like breville – you definitely won’t get the same amount of live enzymes but it is still beneficial. Why not try to prep your vegetables the night before, so you can juice fresh in the morning? That’s what I do sometimes when mornings are tight.

I am not a big proponent of drinking milk, even organic. I use it very little if at all in my diet – sometimes in certain desserts and ice cream. How old are your kids? I would look into alternative sources of milk – almond, coconut, etc…

5. Liz

Ok you write here that Rainbow Chard gives you night vision?!? That is awesome, can you link where you got this information from? Love to learn more about it

6. Martha Rivera

Hi Food Babe! I am new to your website and i am so happy i found you! So much information, so much to learn. I read that you drink water with lemon and cayenne in the morning, can you tell me how much of the ingredients i need? Thank you so much! Abd keep up the good work!:-)

7. Melissa

Curious about something I saw in this photo… looks like you have a set of cabinets tied shut? Is this some sort of tactic to keep away from certain ingredients/items?

• Food Babe (to Melissa)

Ha! Yes… This was during a juice fast… that was my pantry, out of sight, out of mind :)

8. david goodlander

Have you tried blending? I have a nice juicer but, I prefer the additional fiber in my diet. Same ingredients just blended.

9. Frederic

Amazing recipe. It taste so freaking good. I sprinkle tumeric on it and taste even better.
    Please share other juice recipe. so far all of your recipe i tried are excellent :)
    oh and thank you for recommending the breville masticating juicer. this is such an amazing one and so quiet :) so i can blend at 3 am and not worry about waking up neighbors lol.

10. nikki k

do lemons have to be peeled before going in to juicer? I have a jack lalanne and have been putting the peel in…hoping i’m not damaging it! :)

11. Lucy

do you like your Jack lalanne juicer? I am thinking of getting one.
    how is it to clean?

12. Nicole Rogers

Your juice recipe is for 2 servings do you drink all 30 oz in a day or is 15 oz good for the day?

13. Ty Patillo

What are your thoughts on the pros & cons of Juicing vs Blending? Which offers the most health benefit?

Thnx

14. Danie D

Why is it important to cut the end off of the cucumber?
    Thank you!

15. stephanie

Rainbow chard gives you night vision? Any peer reviewed article to back up this claim?

16. Dar

I hate straight veggie juice, so i always add berries or apples to it. is that okay? I also cannot drink it warm, so i add ice. I read that we should drink it at room temp, but i just can’t. Am i affecting the nutrients but doing these things?

I also get really bad gas and bloating after i drink the juice, anything i can do for this?

17. Heather

When i did a 4 day juice cleanse, I found that at 3:00 I was RAVONOUS! To curb that, but stay true to Raw and Organic, I got creative and made this…
    1/2 small apple
    handful of grapes ( I have kids and they love grapes so about 6-8)
    3-4 big leaves of Kale
    5-6 handfuls of spinach
    1 green onion (yes, that’s right!)
    1/2 lemon
    1/2 lime
    Then juice it.
    and then….put in blender with 1/2 a large avacado
    AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

I make this as a meal sometimes and it keeps you full for a while.
    Enjoy!

18. Jenny

hi there –

What’s your take on making this a smoothie in stead of juicing?

19. Danielle

I love spinach and kale but cannot seem to get used to the flavor of rainbow chard. Any suggestions?

20. leona

i started drinking green juice recently and i have tried a few of your juice recipes. so far, i like the hari shake best. however, there’s something bothering me. i stumbled upon an article on oxalic acid in plants and how it has negative effects on health, such as hormonal problems and effects on urinary tract when taken in large quantities. i am wondering if drinking too much green juice can have this side effect? and how much is TOO much intake of green juice?

21. Courtney

What if you don’t own a juicer? Is there another option to be able to juice? I really would like to juice. I make green smoothies with my blender and I love drinking those

22. cordelia

Do you worry about certain leafy foods and vegetables that are consumed raw effecting your thyroid?

23. Cindy

Can I use a nutrabullet for the rainbow bite juice?

24. junior dos santos

Hello food babe, I was wondering if I wanted to double the amount of juice. Would it be okay to double all the ingredients? Like the garlic for this recipe or the ginger for kikn kale? I know this holds true for cooking and baking but just not sure about juicing…

25. Katie

I know you don’t endorse certain products, but is nutrabullet something you would use. It keeps the fiber in the juice by extration. I ask this because your instructions were to juice in a certain order.

26. Julia

Hi there, Food Babe! I love all of your recipes! Well, the ones I’ve made so far. Ha! Today I made the Rainbow Bite and the garlic ruined it. I tried saving the juice by adding another cucumber and lemon and it made no difference. I am so sad. What a waste :( I’ll have to make it again another day. No garlic this time! Thanks for all your recipes though! They’ve changed my life. God bless you, Vani