Today will be the 4th time I’ve made this salad in 1 and half weeks.
I think it’s because I’ve become absolutely addicted to the way I feel after I eat it – my energy sores, my appetite is fulfilled and I feel light, beautiful and radiant.
I never knew food could have such an impact on my mind and body before I started basing my diet on the most nutrient dense foods on the planet. This is what happens when you realize that food is medicine. And this salad is exactly that.
Parsley is the key ingredient that I feel so many people just don’t eat enough of. It’s usually pawned off as a garnish that gets brushed aside, getting totally neglected. When I buy a few bunches of parsley at the store, I almost always get a – “what are you going to do with all that?”
Parsley is just magical I tell ya – the benefits of juicing it and eating it cannot be taken for granted. Parsley inhibits tumor formation, attacks free radicals in your body that cause aging, is a strong anti-inflammatory, improves digestion, gives you fresh breath, balances hormones, and literally cleanses your blood to keep you safe from the environmental toxins that enter your body.
You can feel the magical properties of parsley in no time – This recipe is incredibly easy and takes less than 18 mins to make.
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 large bunch parsley chopped (remove long stems)
- ⅓ cup mint leaves chopped
- 1 cup of grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- ¼ of a yellow or white onion finely diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- optional toppings: sheep’s milk feta cheese or avocado
- Make quinoa according to package instructions
- While quinoa is cooking prepare rest of the ingredients in a bowl
- When quinoa is finished cooking combine all ingredients together and stir
Do you have any recipes that make you feel magical?