These are all the things that make my life complete or that I’m wishing to magically appear under my tree this holiday season…Between the 40 or so items on this list, I hope you can find something healthy to give your loved one or selfishly ask for yourself this holiday season.
I’ve included all the online shopping links and prices to date, to make the craziness of buying presents a little easier… Happy shopping!
- Hurom Juicer ($358) - Juice is medicine, plain and simple. This may be the most powerful and rewarding gift you could give yourself or a loved one. Drinking green juice will awaken you to health, vitality and wellness. You’ll wonder how you ever lived without juice and will certainty thank the person who bought you the juicer until the end of days. Hurom is the best home juicer on the market. It’s quiet, easy to clean and is a slow juicer, preserving nutrients and enzymes much longer than centrifuge juicers. The pulp comes out almost completely dry and will save you money down the road in produce cost making this juicer worth every penny of the investment.
- MOMA Colorful Rings Cutting Board ($25) - The MOMA Store is a great place to find a whimsical inexpensive kitchen gifts – especially this colorful round cutting board that I recently got a friend.
- The Green Pan (Starting at $79.00) - This pan is a must for any healthy kitchen. It is non stick but isn’t coated with toxic teflon and can help you reduce the amount of oil you use in your cooking dramatically – I stir fry things almost dry using only a 1/2 teaspoon of oil or vegetable broth without anything sticking. It’s completely safe and eco-friendly. I have both the Wok and Crepe Pan.
- Lemon Juicer ($27) - Teaching someone about detoxing first thing in the morning will be a lot more fun if you give them this gift. I love this lemon juicer because it is stainless steel, isn’t made of plastic or painted with potential harmful chemicals that can leach into your water or food. Hot Water with Lemon in the morning will be an easy ritual with this!
- Glass Straws ($31.50 for set) - This gift will be perfect for your favorite eco-friendly smoothie drinking friend or family member. The more plastics you can eliminate in someone’s life the better! These ones have a wide hole for easy slurping thick green smoothies.
- Clear Bowl for Kitchen Aid Mixer ($69) - I’ve been eyeing this bowl for a while now – Why all Kitchen Aid Stand Mixers don’t come with this – I just can’t understand. This bowl makes a nice gift upgrade for someone who already owns a stand mixer and uses it a lot.
- Bodum Storage Jars (Starting at $8) - Storing your juice, Hari Shakes or other green smoothies is easy thanks to air tight Bodum Jars. Having these jars are a real luxury, making it a perfect gift. I discovered these jars long ago when I received a wedding gift from my cousin in Louisiana. She filled each jar with the dry ingredients to a cookie recipe. I personally like to fill these jars with homemade trail mix or organic butterscotch and cinnamon candies from Yummy Earth and wrap the outside with a ribbon.
- Polar Heart Rate Monitor ($104) - Not knowing how hard you are working in the gym is a big mistake if you are serious about getting in shape and continuously trying to challenge yourself to see results. This is one of the best tools I ever bought and now I am in the best shape of my life because of it. It gives me instant feedback on how hard I am working and how many calories I am burning. Having this watch on my wrist is a constant reminder to make each minute count when I am working out.
- Spoonk Acupressure Mat (Starting at $35) - Spoonk is an acupressure mat that has over 6,000 points to stimulate your circulation. Circulation is incredibly important in regulating all our body functions. When circulation isn’t good, our energy gets blocked and affects the way we feel and think. I use this mat all the time when I’m feeling stressed out or tired or to relieve aching muscles from a tough workout. For more read my full review here.
- Yoga Classes (Starting at $5) - Buy one or buy many, Yoga classes are the perfect gift to give someone who’s been wanting to try Yoga or for a loved one who is a long time Yogi. There are so many great studios where I live – Yoga One being my absolute favorite – classes start as low as $5-15 dollars, making this gift super affordable! The physical benefits of yoga is just the icing on the cake, practicing Yoga’s primary purpose is to detox your body from the inside out. Imagine awakening this in someone who has never tried it before?
- Kettlebells (Starting at $17) - The major secret with kettlebell training is that is metabolic. It raises your heart rate while working several muscles at once allowing you to burn a huge number of calories during the workout and after to repair the muscle damage. It’s like sprinting on crack. In sprinting you mostly use your legs. However, with one basic kettlebell move – “The Swing”, you use your legs, hips, back and arms all at once. I purchased 3 kettlebells in various weights to add to my home gym and use them regularly. Here’s my favorite kettlebell workout.
- Exercise DVDs (Starting at $100 for set) - I love BeachBody DVDs because they are challenging enough to always keep me in tip top shape without getting bored. Turbo Kick, P90x, and Insanity are my favorites. Getting a set for a family member or friend and doing the workouts together to motivate each other is a great gift idea!
- Lululemon Toiletry Cube ($69) - The most functional toiletry kit I’ve ever seen. When opened it also hangs on the back of the bathroom door helping out with counter space in small hotel bathrooms. I just bought one for myself and my husband for our upcoming trip to Peru and Ecuador (shhhh! don’t tell him!)
- Scuba Diving Lessons (Starting at $99) - Scuba Diving has changed my life. I only wish I found it sooner. Did you know you can be as young as 13 to get scuba certified? It’s one the activities that I plan most of my travels around and fills my life with so much joy. There are so many amazing things to see under the sea. The first time I swam with a school of sharks, I found beauty that I never thought I found find. Sharks are such calm and graceful creatures, completely opposite from what I had in my imagination. Lessons make the perfect gift for an adventure seeker in your life! Also – This is a perfect activity that will keep you active while on vacation burning hundreds of calories. I received my scuba diving training here in Charlotte at Paradise Island Divers.
- Travel Slippers (Starting at $19) - I never travel without slippers… something about my feet staying cozy (and clean!) on vacation makes me feel at home away from home.
- Manduka Travel Yoga Mat (Starting at $39.00) - When my husband and I travel, we like to take extended vacations to really immerse ourselves in the culture. I can be away from home for a long time but not away from my yoga mat. This one is thin enough to fold to travel well and actually works great.
- Max Cold Igloo Rolling Cooler ($53) - In order to eat organic on the road, I travel with a lot of my own home-prepared foods. This is the travel cooler I’ve been using for about 4 years. It’s still rolling strong and I love the bungee cords that snap the top shut vs. having to worry about tapping it up before checking it on a plane.
- Beats Headphones ($179.00) - A good pair of headphones are a must for long flights and I love the bright colors that are available for this brand. Beats also double as a headset for your phone – I want the purple ones! Will someone pretty please buy me a pair?
- Tarte Lip Stain ($47.00 for set) - Looking for a lead free and toxic alternative to lipstick and lipgloss? Tarte Cosmetics make the most awesome Lip Tints that stay on your lips for hours and look FABULOUS. I am obviously a huge fan because I own every color. Last year I bought a set, but split up the colors between the different women in my life depending on what color would look best on who – They make fun stocking stuffers.
- Dr. Hauschka Moisturizing Mask ($44) - This facial mask is pure luxury. The facials I give myself at home are better than any professional facial I’ve ever received because of this product. My skin glows like a lightning beam after an application and feels so incredible.
- Julep Nail Polish Set ($34) - Finding non-toxic nail polishes can be tough… that’s why this collection of Julep nail polishes are brilliant.
- Nourish Body Butter ($9) - I fell immediately in love with this body butter recently at a Whole Foods Event in NYC. Nourish is 100% certified organic and contains no harmful ingredients. Perfect for stocking stuffers and comes in amazing natural scents, although I prefer fragrance free.
- Tampico Dry Brush ($8) - Everyone should have one of these brushes! Do you ever get bumps on your legs in the winter time from wearing so many pairs of leggings and tights? Well this doesn’t have to happen! If you use a dry brush regularly it will prevent those little suckers from ever showing up. I use my dry brush about 3 times a week to rejuvenate my skin and stimulate my lymphatic system – the results are incredible.
- Silk Pillow Cases ($19) - This is something I’ve been eyeing for quite sometime. Sleeping on a silk pillow is reported to reduce the appearance of lines on your face, keep your hair in better shape while you sleep and keep your skin more moisturized because silk does not absorb face cream the way cotton does. Two of these are on my list this year – can’t wait to report back the results.
- Grow Your Own Microgreens Kit ($40) - If I could have micro greens on top of every meal of my day – I would. Not only do these tender greens taste incredibly good – but they are super packed with nutrients. I want to start growing my own ASAP. I love the clean modern look of this planter design from Uncommon Goods.
- Organic Kimchi (Starting at $10) - I have a huge head of cabbage in the fridge and it’s been staring at me to make Kimchi all week. Luckily you don’t have to make organic kimchi from scratch anymore – Rejuvenative Foods have come up with a few different recipes that are absolutely delicious and make perfect gifts for the foodie in your life! Kimchi is loaded with vitamins A, B, and C and “healthy bacteria” called lactobacilli, found in fermented foods like yogurt. This good bacteria helps with digestion and wards off cancer.
- JEM Specialty Nut Butters ($11) - My favorite superfoods and spices all mixed together with sprouted nuts! A dream come true. To find out more why these made the list – you must see what I did with these specialty nut butters here.
- Cocomels – Coconut Milk Caramels (Starting at $2) - I used to love caramels until I found out what was actually in them. Thank goodness for JJ Sweets who decided to reinvent the goodness of caramels using coconut milk and organic non-GMO ingredients. The chocolate expresso caramels are to DIE for…someone please buy me a box.
- Navitas Naturals Super Foods (Starting at $5) - I bet there are lots of people in your lives that have never tried a goji berry or raw cacao nib. I am always introducing superfoods like these to my family and friends any chance I get. A perfect gift would be to get a cute basket from a craft store and fill it with different packages of superfoods. Navitas Naturals has very colorful packages, making a beautiful gift. You could also mix the superfoods in a trail mix and put them in Bodum Jars too!
- Grass-fed Ghee ($12) - Help a loved one make a switch from cooking with butter to ghee. Ghee is an incredible source of fat – and a staple everyone should have in their kitchen. Making your own is fun, however, I love saving an extra step and buying a good quality ghee like this one. (Mom – don’t kill me!)
There may be no better gift, than the gift of knowledge. Don’t forget to inscribe the cover, so they will remember who gave them the book forever! These are some of my favorites:
- Eat Taste Heal ($19)
- The Sprouted Kitchen ($14)
- Crazy Sexy Die ($11)
- The 4-Hour Chef ($21)
- Conscious Eating ($23)
- Eating for Beauty ($16)
- Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine ($19)e
- Superfood Kitchen ($13)
- Super Natural Everyday ($12)
- The Juice Lady’s Turbo Diet ($12)
You have the opportunity of doing something LIFE CHANGING for someone. I hope you give the gift of health this holiday season.