This cookie recipe for classic real ginger cookies will knock your socks off! I made a batch the other night and Mr. Food Babe and I gobbled them up so fast – in 24 hours they were GONE! Please don’t say I didn’t warn you – they are soft, sweet and downright addictive! The best part? They are organic, non-GMO and use wholesome ingredients… which I think is the healthiest way to enjoy treats this holiday season!
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup oat flour (alternative: quinoa flour or spelt flour)
- 1 egg or 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (solid form)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 and ½ tablespoons molasses
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ teaspoon grated fresh ginger (or ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- In a bowl, mix all of your ingredients together until combined.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to allow the batter to harden.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet using an small ice cream scooper and slightly press down to flatten each one out. Leave at least 2 inches of space between cookies.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until firm.
- Let cool completely and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this recipe with family and friends! I would love to hear what they think.
Happy Holidays! Xo,