I love making cookies this time of year, but I hate using white flour, white refined sugar and a bunch of other ingredients like artificially dyed sprinkles to make my cookies look festive. That’s why I love ingredients like goji berries that are naturally a beautiful red and make these cookies perfect for the holiday season!
The ingredients in these cookies are so freakin’ healthy too. But don’t let that healthiness scare you into thinking they aren’t delicious. Just try them and you’ll see! These cookies go delicious with a hot cup of coffee or tea in the afternoon too.
- 1¼ cup almond flour (nut allergy: use spelt flour)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 egg (vegan option: mix 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons water and let sit for 10 minutes)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 medium banana)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup goji berries
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Whisk flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and flaxseed together in a large bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together egg, coconut sugar, mashed banana, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Add in goji berries and stir.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir. Finish mixing together with your hands if needed to get fully mixed.
- Roll into 8 golf ball sized balls and place on baking sheet. Gently flatten with palm of your hand.
- Bake about 12-14 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
If you know someone who likes cookies, please share this post with them! Maybe they’ll make you some this holiday season.