I used to eat the heck out of Fruit Roll Ups when I was younger. They were a STAPLE in my lunch box and when I’d get home from school, I would eat a couple of them almost everyday. Pulling that fruit leather right off that plastic sheet – ooooohhhh, actually my mouth is just watering thinking of them. However, the problem with Fruit Roll Ups, Fruit By The Foot and other store-bought fruit snacks is that they are full of artificial ingredients, GMOs and other nasties I don’t want in my body. And that’s why I make these instead and they just happen to make a beautiful gift for any occasion too! They taste so much better than the packaged variety too, so fresh and delicious.
- 6 cups fruit, chopped (you can use strawberries, peaches, blueberries, etc)
- 3 tablespoons raw honey or sweetener of choice
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the fruit in a blender along with the honey or sweetener of choice. Blend until smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the fruit mixture onto the parchment paper in an even layer roughly ⅛” thick. (Note: You may need to use 2 baking sheets if you have extra.)
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 4-6 hours or until the fruit leather peels away easily.
- Gently peel the fruit leather off of the parchment paper. Cut into strips or your desired shape. Store in an airtight container for up to one month.
If you know someone who loves fruit snacks, and needs this recipe, please share this with them! Who knows maybe they will make you some this holiday season.
P.S. Still looking for that perfect gift? Check out the Food Babe Annual Eating Guide Membership ($119.88) – What could be a better gift than a year’s worth of meal planning and organic recipes! This gift is great for busy parents, friends, and family members who are living an organic lifestyle or trying to make the transition. All the details about the program are here, and just go here to purchase a gift membership by entering the recipient’s name, email address, and delivery date. This is a digital guide, so you don’t have to wait for shipping, so it’s perfect for a last minute gift!