I absolutely love raw red peppers. I eat one almost everyday. They are full of vitamin C and nutrients to help you live a long healthy life. I also love soup – so this new recipe for Radiant Raw Red Pepper Bisque is the best of both worlds! With Winter behind us now, it’s time to kick the raw eating into high gear and that’s why I love this soup – it’s raw! I like to serve it straight out of the blender at room temperature but you can also serve it cold after chilling it in the fridge.
Something miraculous starts to happen when you eat raw foods – not only are you getting the purest form of nutrition from many fruits and vegetables but your taste buds start to change for the better. Once I started incorporating more raw foods like this recipe into my diet, my intense cravings for junk food suddenly vanished! This is why day eleven (of the 21 day plan) in my #1 best selling book The Food Babe Way is dedicated to raw foods and my new cookbook, Food Babe Kitchen, contains several raw food recipes.
- 2 medium red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ cup cashews (nut free: use sunflower seeds)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ½ cup vegetable broth (without yeast extract) or water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- sea salt, to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Place all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and season with salt - stir or blend again.
- To serve, place half of the soup in a bowl and top with red pepper flakes and sliced avocado.
If you are looking stop your cravings or to incorporate more raw healthy foods into your diet, you’ve got to check out the Food Babe membership program. You get exclusive weekly tips, a new monthly meal calendar with recipes, grocery lists and the support of the Food Babe team. Hope you’ll consider joining us!
If you know someone who loves red peppers – please share this recipe with them, who knows maybe they’ll whip some soup up for ya!