Spring is the air and dandelion greens are plentiful. Dandelion greens are AMAZING for detoxing and beautifying your body from the inside out. Most people think dandelion is just a weed that grows beautiful yellow and white flours but they actually are one of the most healing greens you can buy. Dandelion is proven to reduce swelling, bloating and stimulate the digestive system to release toxins. You can say bye bye to water retention after travel, a heavily salted meal or eating too much.
This is my juice ingredient choice after a long trip away from home to reset my body. I’ve been drinking it all week after all the delights I experienced last week in California – I’ll be posting reviews of all of those eats and more Expo West highlights soon. Until then – Here’s the recipe I’ve been drinking. Warning – I think this juice recipe tastes great, but it may be a bit hard core if you are new to juicing. If you need a little sweetness you can add 1 green pear or 1 green apple.
- 1 bunch of dandelion greens
- ½ bunch celery
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 1 cucumber with ends removed
- 1 lemon with peel removed
- 2 inches of fresh ginger root
- Wash all vegetables thoroughly and place into a large bowl
- Juice each vegetable in this order – dandelion, cilantro, celery, ginger, cucumber, lemon
- Stir mixture before serving
- Clean juicer immediately
Off to watch the rest of the St. Patty’s Day Parade and turn the town green, dandelion green…