Everyone was in uproar about their favorite brands – Nabisco, Frito Lay, Orville Redenbacher, and Kellogg’s heavy use of GMOs in their popular products and asked for alternatives. I created this handy chart below that lists some of my favorite non-GMO snacks that are equivalent in taste and satisfaction to these popular snack brands. To be perfectly honest, I think the non-GMO snacks taste better knowing they aren’t poisoning me.
I usually don’t recommend many snack foods like these that often – I like to preach the gospel of whole real foods, however sometimes you just need to get your snack on and this is how you do it without consuming genetically modified ingredients and supporting companies that use GMOs who are trying to stop the effort to label GMOs and our right to know.
Recommended Non-GMO Snack Brands:
- Field Day Organics – Golden Round Crackers
- Kettle Organic Sea Salt Chips
- Late July Organic Mild Green Mojo Multigrain Chips
- Trader Joe’s Organic Corn Dippers
- Eden Organic Popcorn
- Mary’s Gone Crackers Original
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Multigrain Chips
- Late July Organic Cheese Crackers
- Ak-mak Whole Wheat Crackers
- Instead of Cheese-It - Try Annie’s Organic Cheddar Squares (not pictured)
- Instead of Rold Gold – Try Unique Sprouted Wheat Pretzels (not pictured)
- Instead of Potato Chips – Try Brad’s Raw Chips (not pictured)
- Instead of Conventional Crackers – Try Dr. Kracker Seedlanders (not pictured)
One thing I love about the non-GMO snack brands, is that they do not contain MSG, an ingredient that keeps you going back for more and more and more. This is why some of the GMO snack brands like Doritos are so addictive and have become “popular” as a result.
Take back your food, get your friends and family involved and share these products with them!
Have a great week!