Wanting something warm and comforting the other night, I came up with these fabulous kale tacos with ingredients I already had in my fridge and pantry. They will take you right from Summer into Fall with each ridiculously delicious and satisfying bite. This recipe definitely belongs in the “try to make people love kale, who don’t” category, just like my “Melt in Your Mouth Kale Salad.” Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to warm tortillas
- In a large skillet, sautee coconut oil, shallots for 2-3 mins on medium heat
- Add garlic and cook another minute or so
- Add salt, black pepper and cabbage and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add kale and cook until slightly wilted and remove from heat
- Assemble tacos by putting the kale and cabbage mixture on a corn tortilla, topped with diced tomato, sliced avocado, feta cheese, sprouts and a squeeze of lime
If you know someone who may not like kale, and you think you can convince them otherwise, please share this recipe with them… the more kale lovers we have in this world, the better
P.S. If you are following The Food Babe Eating Guide Program, you can sub 2 tacos for one lunch or dinner recipe and still stay on track. If you aren’t on the program, definitely check it out if you are looking for a plant-based meal plan that is calorie controlled for weight loss and a weekly grocery list that makes shopping less stressful in the maze of options.