Launching Subway Petition – They Will Finally Hear From Us, Loud and Clear

Join Me In Signing The Petition: Subway Stop Using Dangerous Chemicals In Your Bread!

StopUsingAzodicarbonamide

I have written about Subway several times – First in 2012, when I did an investigation into what exactly was in their famous low calorie and “fresh” sandwiches and then again last year when I did a deep dive into one of the most controversial ingredients used in their breads.

Not only has this company not responded, but they have ignored repeated requests by me and others to learn more about why they are using an ingredient banned all over the world. They have completely ignored us.

Then last week, Michelle Obama, The First Lady of The United States endorsed this company saying every single item on the kid’s menu met the “highest nutrition standards.

This is what broke the camels back.

Not only is the First Lady of the United States duped by this company, but millions of North Americans.

I knew I had to do something. With you.

This action is bigger than just one ingredient.  It’s about holding companies accountable for their hypocrisy and exploitation of Americans. It’s about waking up the world and telling them the truth.

Join me today – Read this petition, sign it & watch the short video and then share it with everyone you know.

We have power together to change the food system.

We’ve done it a few times now, and we are going to do it again.

Onward! Food Babe Army!

Thank You For Making Your Voice Heard,

Vani Hari

, , , , , , , ,

404 Responses to “Launching Subway Petition – They Will Finally Hear From Us, Loud and Clear”

1. bajar ares12

Fantastic issues altogether, you simply received a emblem new reader. What may you suggest about your post that you just made a few days ago? Any sure?

2. Unity

Do you know if they did what they said they were going to do and have taken out the ingredient call “Azodicarbonamide” ….
    I can find NO where, where they have did it yet…….
    There is NO proof that they have yet!!!

thanks for all you do :)

• stephanie (to Unity)

subway has removed the ingredient Azodicarbonamide from the bread in 2013. here’s where it says: To our knowledge Subway is the first major restaurant chain in North America to completely remove
      Azodicarbonamide from its core bread formulations. We began the conversion to Azo-free (No
      Azodicarbonamide) bread in 2013, and it’s now in our restaurants.

At Subway, we take great pride in our bread leadership, and that leadership goes back to 1984 when we
      first introduced in-store baking. Once again, we’re pleased to lead the way in the quick service industry,
      this time with the removal of Azodicarbonamide. Azodicarbonamide is used in most bread and by most
      brands, but removing it has long been part of our bread improvement program.

At Subway, we are always improving, and we’ll be making even more bread improvements in the years
      to come. For example, here are some of our recent bread improvements.

o 2014—51% whole grains now used in our 9-Grain Wheat bread
      (100% of the daily Whole Grain requirement per Footlong)
      o 2013— Azo-free bread introduced (Azodicarbonamide removed), with 100% conversion
      by April, 2014
      o 2012— Sodium content was reduced by 29% for 9-Grain Wheat bread and 42% for
      Italian bread
      o 2011— Removed high fructose corn syrup from our 9-Grain Wheat bread
      (There is no HFCS in the Italian bread)
      o 2011— Fortified our U.S. bread with Vitamin D and Calcium
      o 2009— Improved Wheat bread by converting to 9-Grain Wheat bread
      o 2008— Introduced Azo-free flatbread
      o 2008— Removed artificial trans-fats
      o 2007— Increased fiber content in wheat bread

3. Carol

The news said that Subway removed Azodicarbonamide.

WELL…I looked up the nutritional ingredients on McDonalds website and they have Azodicarbonamide in all their hambuger buns and in the muffins (egg mcmuffins). Also, Azodicarbonamide is in the KIDS HAPPY MEALS (hambuger bun)!!!!!

I would be nice if everyone knew that!

4. Isa

I saw the Subway commercial that the bread have a new rasing no azodicarbonamide. But how about the potassium bromate, thats block the absorption of iodine, damaging the thyroids.

5. vieille nymphomane

С’est éternellement du bonheur dee vous lire

6. Truman D (to Sarah)

Concur. I believe the moniker “Food Babe” speaks volumes!!!

7. A Scientist (to Concerned)

Is she a chemist or a chemical engineer?

8. A Scientist (to Concerned)

Yes, and pretty is as pretty does.

This is worse than when politicians make decisions about what to include in science education. What company does she work for in Marketing? I’d like to boycott that.

9. Betty (to Tim)

Thank you, I saw both doctor and counseling during those year I ate subway. Before, I had ate healthy and was healthy all my life when I lived with my family home cook food. No American bread and American buns and ect. I started consumed subway when I move out my family home and live independently on my own and give up pizza. Doctor had prescribed me asthma inhaler and pain medication for my stomach because I was sick for half a year. I even did a chest x-ray and ultrasound on my stomach. The counselor told me to avoid unhealthy food. I been to OBGYN and have many ultasound too. My papsmear of course normal. I also pray to God to healed me because the illness was not going to go away and he did otherwise I would have been sick for life. I am more healthy thank to NaturalNews too. I make my goal to eat healthy and stay healthly.

10. Jackie (to Cameron)

You’re a complete nut and a joke! Critical thinking!? You obviously do not possess any thinking skills, whatsoever! Your post is evident of your ignorance! Everyone…but the ignorant, knows Government is extremely inefficient. But you are so brainwashed you can’t think straight!! Do you even have a brain?! YOU LIBERAL NUTCASE! This rhetoric only comes out of a big mouth liberal like yourself. I suggest you go get an education honey….. in a private school (LOL THEY EXIST….HIGH SCHOOL and COLLEGE/UNIVERSITIES). Who knew?! LOL Evidently..the public school system left you without a brain, lacking essential critical thinking skills….which by the way it’s where you suck off the American tax payer and where the teachers now do Heroine in the bathrooms!! You leech!! Do you even know anything about economics?!!! Evidently, not!! You are out of your mind if you believe that all schools and utility companies are government operated! You are the quintessential psychotic liberal… spreading your liberal diatribe BS! You liberals are the hypocrites and liars!! Just mentally ill minds!!! How can you stand yourselves?! Just to enlighten your idiotic mindset….the majority of all utilities as you state….are all private companies…not government! You name one utility company or anything that is operated by the government and that is efficient? Most are now private…no longer government operated. So I suggest you go educate yourself…pal! Many government operated companies no longer exist because of the inefficiencies and why private companies took over. It is the private sector that provides the efficiency, more than government could possibly provide…but you don’t see the reality. You too ignorant and weak minded! People like you belong in a mental institution. And by the way…I am educated YOU FRICKEN IDIOT! This is why I am smarter than you!!! Your rhetoric is appalling!!!

11. Johnny Flash (to Cameron)

Jackie. slam dunk Cameron
    I have a 7th Grade education
    I have my own contracting business
    you can say I am the boss

I hire those ed-U people
    they do not think much or know how to

I get that in my business.
    mentally retarder I have a term for them
    BIO-LOGICAL DEFECTIVE UNIT
    people who are brain dead and still are moving.
    the body does not die

12. Ganesh (to )

If it is really so, then why is the same ingredient not used in EU?
    Not proved to be unhealthy does not prove it is Healthy either!!! Can FDA/ any other institution that approves it safety, prove that this ingredient is healthy to the human body. What are the benefits of consuming this ingredient?