I love to eat in season and apples are officially in season! There are so many different nutritious varieties to try but just make sure you choose organic because apples are one of the most heavily sprayed fruits ever and is at the top of the dirty dozen list!
This Apple Pie Chia Pudding is the perfect make-ahead breakfast recipe. I love eating chia seeds for breakfast because they grow 10 times their weight in size when combined with liquid, helping the body stay hydrated and full. Having the most content of omega 3 fatty acids of any plant food, they fight inflammation in the body, reducing the chance for heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and depression. This recipe is packed with brain-boosting walnuts to help you start your morning off right too.
These are the types of recipes you’ll find in my membership meal planning program. Imagine taking the work out of thinking about what to eat in the morning? This is what I do for you! (and for lunch and dinner too). You can download recipes, tips and tricks on how to survive in this over-processed world immediately when you join the Food Babe Eating Guide program.
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, more as desired (see below for recipe)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 apple, shredded
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup (optional for additional sweetness)
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (nut allergy: omit)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- To make the apple pie spice, mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- To make the chia seed pudding, mix together all of the ingredients except the coconut flakes and walnuts. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- To serve, place some of the chia seed pudding in a bowl. Sprinkle with some of the coconut flakes and walnuts. Enjoy!
If you know someone who could use a little superfood love, please share this recipe with them!
P.S. Don’t forget to check out all the resources, meal plans and other tips I’ve got for ya!