I love combining hot and cold foods! This avocado & carrot salad makes the perfect condiment to your favorite sustainable meat or for a topping on fresh greens.
Also, having a salad that combines both raw and cooked foods helps you stay on track with a habit from my new #1 best selling book The Food Babe Way (see Day 11!). And, you’ll find several more raw food recipes in my new cookbook, Food Babe Kitchen.
I don’t know about you, but avocados and carrots are staples at my house. This salad has become a favorite around here, it’s very simple to throw together at the last minute and makes a big hit at an impromptu dinner party. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 8-10 carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 4 cups mixed greens
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the carrots with the olive oil, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the carrots are soft and golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and place the carrots in a bowl. Add the avocado, lemon juice and cilantro and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Serve over the mixed greens or with grilled chicken or fish. Enjoy!
This salad is a featured recipe in this month’s Food Babe Eating Guide program. Each month members get a whole new set of Food Babe approved menu items, recipes, a weekly grocery list and bonuses! You can check it out here if you are interested in joining and supporting a healthy organic lifestyle that can help you lose weight for good, and keep it off!