Let me first start by saying this – Thank you for all your words of encouragement last week before my visit to consult with Chick-fil-A at its headquarters.
The visit did not result in everything I had hoped, but did exceed my expectations in terms of the overall experience and hospitality extended to me.
I met with 7 key members of their corporate team (as well as others) throughout the visit:
- V.P. of Innovation and Service
- V.P. of Brand and Strategy
- Lead Dietitian
- Senior Director of Menu Innovation & Design
- Corporate Public Relations
- Food and Product Safety
- Lead Food Technologist
During the 4 hour meeting, we covered:
- The history of Chick-fil-A and its menu progression
- New product creation
- Quality and source of their chicken
- Use of antibiotics in their chicken
- Removal of high fructose corn syrup from their products
- The packaging and cooking method of their new oatmeal
- Reduction in sodium
- Anti-foaming agent preservative TBHQ
- Artificial coloring
- Labeling of GMOs (Prop 37)
I have several follow up items from my visit that I would like to get more information on before giving my full and detailed report.
Stay tuned for that in the next few weeks!
Your support means the world to me – Thank you again.