If you know me, you know I love dessert. Seriously, it’s my favorite part of any meal, and I have something sweet EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.
My sweet tooth, however, is usually satisfied by something naturally low in sugar or at least made with non-toxic ingredients. That’s why I love recipes like this healthy strawberry cobbler! I call this “Strawberry Crunch Cobbler” because it’s a twist between a typical cobbler and crisp. With organic strawberries back at the market – this is super easy to whip up in no time! (See video tutorial below too!)
Did you know a typical conventional strawberry can have up to 54 pesticides on it? 9 are known carcinogens and 19 of them are toxic to honey bees. Without bees we don’t have plants and without plants…you know. Choosing and buying organic food is absolutely critical to reducing our exposure to pesticides and saving the earth! Vote with your dollars and hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 2 cups strawberries
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot powder or non-GMO corn starch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all the filling ingredients in a bowl and put into a small baking dish
- For the crust mix the flour, sugar, salt and spices in a bowl. Cut in the coconut oil with a fork until the size of a pea
- Add the vanilla and mix until combined
- Spoon over the strawberry filling and bake for 25-30 minutes
- Serve hot with a scoop of coconut ice cream or vanilla ice cream
If you know someone who could use a little strawberry love, please share this post with them!
P.S. If you like recipes like this, be sure to check out the Food Babe Meal Plans for Health program.