Instead of putting up a fight today – I’m gonna join the US Congress in their recent declaration – Pizza is a Vegetable!
This statement becomes completely true, when you start off with a “flour free” whole foods crust like a sprouted grain tortilla and load a big bowl of vegetables on top.
I have a feeling this pizza will become a staple in your household, like it has mine. The freshness in taste goes beyond any frozen pizza could ever deliver. When I suggest one of these pizzas to my husband for dinner, I usually hear a big “OH YEAH!” come out of his mouth. When I make this for other family members or friends, they immediately request the recipe.
This recipe will bring upon cheers from your loved ones, friends and family! They will all LOVE it.
- 1 Ezekiel sprouted wheat tortilla
- 4 tablespoons of tomato/pizza sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ¼ cup onions chopped
- ¼ cup green peppers chopped
- ¼ cup broccoli chopped
- 5 black olives sliced
- 1 ounce of organic mozzarella cheese (Optional)
- ½ ounce of raw parmesan cheese (Optional)
- crushed red pepper for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place thawed tortilla on large pan and place in oven – 3-4 mins to allow crust to harden a bit
- Once tortilla has started to slightly crisp on edges, remove from oven
- Place sauce and garlic on crust first
- Then top with suggested toppings or other toppings, being careful not to overload the crust
- Next place cheese on top (Optional)
- Cook for 10 mins or until cheese is bubbly
Are you vegan?….No cheese leaves more room for veggies and still creates an equally delicious and satisfying pizza.
Want to keep it light? Just use a little bit of cheese…
Or you can go all out…. and make it super cheesy!
Wouldn’t it be amazing if schools nationwide started to use this recipe?!!!!
Have a great weekend!