Growing up, I would eat orange creamsicles like they were going out of style in the summertime. Of course, my parents, nor I knew how bad they really were for you. Just take a look at the ingredients:
Orange Creamsicle: Orange Sherbet: nonfat milk, water, liquid sugar (sugar, water), high fructose corn syrup, maltodextrin, corn syrup, milk fat, orange juice concentrate, citric acid, malic acid, mono and diglycerides, guar gum, polysorbate 80, locust bean gum, natural flavor, ascorbic acid, annatto (for color), Low Fat Ice Cream: nonfat milk, liquid sugar (sugar, water), corn syrup, milkfat, whey, maltodextrin, high fructose corn syrup, propylene glycol monoesters, cellulose gum, mono and diglycerides, cellulose gum, natural flavor, locust bean gum, polysorbate 80, guar gum, carrageenan, vitamin A palmitate
See! They are full of refined processed sugars, gut destroying emulsifiers like carrageenan and cellulose gum, GMOs, and all sorts of other non-real food ingredients no one should have to consume to enjoy a summertime treat! This is why, now, I love making these Coconut Creamsicle Berry Pops. They are dairy free, use seasonal fruit, and are absolutely deeeeeelicious!
- 1¼ cups coconut milk (culinary or fresh - not the one with tons of added ingredients)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, coconut nectar or honey
- ½ cup mixed berries (you might want to dice the strawberries if they are big)
- pinch sea salt
- Place all of the ingredients into a large pitcher or bowl and mix well to combine.
- Fill popsicle molds to the top and place the popsicle stick in the mold.
- Freeze in freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight. Enjoy!
If you know someone who needs a popsicle makeover, please share this post with them! I hope they make you some 🙂
Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend,