A week ago now, I blogged about some amazing almond butter brownies I had for dessert one night…. A lot of you requested the recipe – so tonight I am here to deliver. So what took me this long to share this with you? Well… I told myself I couldn’t write about these brownies until a time where I was super duper full and looking at the photos below wouldn’t tempt me to make more. Whether you eat them gooey hot out of the oven or freeze them into little bites – these suckers are deadly addictive. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
I am delightfully happy, full and satisfied now … the perfect time to write about these. Today, I attended a special afternoon of “Bloodies & Bites” – a brunch and conversation with the artists of “Fairytales, Fantasy and Fear” now showing at the Mint Museum of Art Uptown, where I serve on the MMCD Design Committee. The exhibition was incredible! I absolutely loved everything about it – the whimsical trees made of PVC pipe, the tar draped big bad wolf, the amusing knit superheros and the intricate detail of the cut paper drawings. Hearing directly from the artists on what inspired and motivated them to make such beautiful thought provoking pieces was enchanting to say the least. If you live in Charlotte – this is a must see! It’s showing now until July 7th.
Ok on to the brownies!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp flaxseed + 3 tbsp water or 1 egg
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup of coconut palm sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup of “Enjoy Life” mega chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a small dish (8×8 or 8×6) thorougly or line bottom of dish with parchment paper (parchment is best)
- Mix all ingredients except chocolate chunks until smooth
- Fold in chocolate chunks and pour batter into pan
- Bake brownies until golden dark brown – about 25 mins
- Cool brownies for at least 10 mins before cutting
To cut them in squares, it’s essential to use parchment paper.
And sometimes, I run out of parchment paper and just eat them out of the straight out of the pan
If you have any questions or comments to share – please do! I’ve really enjoyed hearing all your comments on the travel post + give away!
Have a great week,