This is a very special episode of Food Babe TV. I receive thousands of letters, emails and comments asking for help everyday. Watch as I visit a busy family in need of a major pantry makeover and show them how to remake their favorite go to dinner without harmful ingredients. This video is full of really important information. At the end, I share an update about my visit with a major fast food company.
Highlights From The Show:
- If you’d like to learn more about what happened during my visit to the Kraft Headquarters, you can read the entire inside story here.
- Chick-fil-A has informed me they are making some changes to their ingredients as a result of your voice and my visit with them. I will keep you posted on the exact developments and what they are changing very soon. Sign up for email updates to stay posted!
- Please take a moment to join over 347,000 people and sign my petition to remove artificial food dyes from Kraft Mac & Cheese here.
- Did you know that Monoglyceride and Diglycerides are food additives labeled as emulsifiers, but basically can be sources of hidden trans fat? Food companies can get away with not labeling these ingredients as trans fat because they are categorized as emulsifiers not lipids by the FDA. Sneaky, huh?
- Here’s the special recipe for homemade Mac & Cheese (without petroleum-based artificial food dyes) I made for the family below. It’s so good, as you can tell from the children’s response in the video. (For my favorite healthy pasta recommendations and brands, check this post here for all the details.)
- 2 tbsp grassfed organic butter
- 12 ounces raw goat milk mild cheddar cheese
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 16 ounce package of 100% organic sprouted whole wheat or spelt pasta noodles
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- a dash of nutmeg (optional)
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil in a large pot on stove
- Add pasta and cook until it is al dente or firm to package directions
- While pasta is cooking, steam cauliflower in large pot filled with 1 or 2 cups water (place cauliflower steamer basket)
- Shred cheese by hand with grater or in a food processor
- Grate cauliflower by hand using a grater or pulse in a food processor
- Mix grated cheese, cauliflower, butter, and seasonings in with drained pasta
- Stir well and enjoy!
If you know a family still making boxed Mac & Cheese, or in need of a little inspiration, please share this post with them.
Together we are changing the world.
Lots of Love,
P.S. Does your pantry need a make over? Or perhaps a friend or family member’s pantry? Share some details below in the comments and who knows, I may show up.
10/31 Breaking News:
Kraft is removing artificial food dyes from 3 products aimed towards children. I will be commenting in full later. But you, the #FoodBabeArmy, please take action now. Tell Kraft thank you for listening, but they have more work to do. We want artificial food dyes that are linked to hyperactivity, asthma, allergies and contaminated with carcinogens out of all Mac & Cheese products.
The human body was not meant to eat petroleum.
Please share this post and spread the word. I’m counting on you.
Contact Kraft here:
Kraft’s Customer Service: #1-877-535-5666
Kraft’s Facebook Page:https://www.facebook.com/kraftmacaroniandcheese
Twitter: @KraftFoods @kraftmacncheese
Chicago Business Journal: http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/news/2013/10/31/kraft-shifts-slightly-on-food-dyes.html