Kale is one of the most powerful plant foods in the world. It is one of the things I would take with me on a deserted island. 1 cup of kale contains 190% of your Vitamin A, 90% of your Vitamin C, mega doses of B6, Manganese, Calcium, Copper, and Potassium. Kale protects your eyes from the sun, preventing cataracts. The enzymes released from kale go in to your liver and trigger cancer fighting chemicals that literally dissolve unhealthy cells throughout your body. Animals with tumors are given a diet of kale and their tumors actually shrink. These are just some of the benefits!
Juicing kale unlocks even more power because your body is able to absorb the live enzymes and nutrients immediately without having to digest it.
So here it is – This is my everyday recipe for kale juice – I drink some combination of this on most days of the week – frequently switching out different types of kale. The fresh ginger adds a nice kick!
Hope you enjoy this and make it a habit that will bring radiant & wonderful health to you and your family!
- 1 bunch dark lacinato kale or curly kale
- ½ bunch celery
- ½ bunch cilantro or parsley
- 1 cucumber with ends removed
- 1 lemon with peel removed
- 2 inches of fresh ginger root
- 1 green apple (optional for added sweetness)
- Wash all vegetables thoroughly and place into a large bowl
- Juice each vegetable in this order – kale, cilantro/parsley, celery, ginger, cucumber, lemon
- Stir mixture before serving
- Clean juicer immediately
If you like this recipe and want to see more – Please subscribe and join my FREE mailing list!