This chilled bean salad recipe is perfect for a backyard BBQ on a hot day or for a simple protein-packed lunch! I’ve always loved to eat tangy bean salads, but never the stale store-bought versions that are usually made with inflammatory soybean oil and added sweeteners. If you’ve never been a fan of bean salads, this recipe is so fresh and flavorful that it might change your mind!
I regularly include beans in my diet for several reasons. Beans are an amazing source of protein and soluble fiber – so they keep you feeling full for hours and can help you lose weight. They are full of nutrients that fight heart disease and there’s ample evidence that beans reduce the risk of cancer and enhance longevity.
When it comes to buying beans, I typically buy dried organic beans (which are often found super cheap in the bulk section!) When you cook them yourself, you can avoid BPA and save money too. If you do buy canned to save time, remember to choose brands that are BPA free like Eden Foods.
- 2 cups cooked cannellini beans
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ¼ cup chopped black olives
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together all of the ingredients until well combined.
- Place the salad ingredients in a bowl and add the vinaigrette. Mix to combine.
- Place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight. Enjoy!
If you are looking for more recipes like this, download the Food Babe Eating Guide.
You’ll get two months worth of recipes, meal plans, and shopping lists. This comes along with my Starter Guide that includes the “Terrible 20” ingredients that keep you from losing weight, where to spot them and what to eat instead.
You can download everything instantly here. You’re going to love it!
P.S. If you are looking to lose weight, here’s all the motivation you need!